*** Official Clevo P65xSA/SE/SG / Sager NP8650/51/52 Owner´s Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Oct 13, 2014.

1. opper

opper Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You should ask them I guess?

2. djsubtronic

djsubtronic Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Well, I did, and I was told 27th September. But not sure how reliable the word of a customer service rep is :D

3. Lum-X

Lum-X Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yep no throttling after flashing vBios. The scores are a bit higher even though i had my system performance on Balanced. I will check more this weekend and see what can be improved from the bios and then move with more benchmarks.

Lots of things in Bios and it will take me some time till i go through all of them see what i want to be enabled or disabled.

Prema likes this.
  4. Ryzir

Ryzir Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I just got a NP8651-S from XoticPC and it has i7-5700HQ. Guess I can't flash the Bios... Is the vBios still okay to flash for me?

5. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    Yep, ENJOY! :)

6. joakimbo

joakimbo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi, I'm looking to replace my TN panel that came by default. Done some research and heard that LTN156HL01 is a good IPS screen. Found this on ebay, link. Do you guys think this is the exact one I need and not a compatible one? Thanks in advance.

7. wickette

wickette Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Imo, based on my experience waiting for my defiance (it was the same for all resellers)...had to wait quite a lot, but my eta was mid november. got it in early december. Don't worry early october you will probably get your defiance 2, wait for it, the skylake processor+more Vram is worth the wait ! Skylake heats way less than a haswell processor...it's more efficient :).

Skylake based laptop will be out in october so don't worry, i spoke with a DELL representative because i want to buy a skylake dell xps 13 for my studies. He told me that october 8th they will have it in stock. so no skylake delays for now !

wait for your laptop, don't take a haswell because you can't wait some weeks !

djsubtronic likes this.
  8. Support.3@XOTIC PC

Support.3@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Free CPU upgrades in the last batch :)

9. djsubtronic

djsubtronic Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yeah I will do my best. Problem is I've already waited four weeks. :( I don't think I really have a choice anyway.

10. Ryzir

Ryzir Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I wouldn't call it an upgrade, more like a side-grade. There are trade offs. I am a little upset that this change wasn't communicated to me prior to being built. I probably would have gone ahead anyway since I wasn't planning on doing the modified Bios but It was nice to know I could do it in the future if I needed to and now I probably won't be able to.

Also I didn't receive my code for Metal Gear Solid: Phantom Pain. Which I did request.