*** Official Clevo P65xSA/SE/SG / Sager NP8650/51/52 Owner´s Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Oct 13, 2014.

1. cps_goodbuy

cps_goodbuy Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    It is the AUO B156HAN01.2

HeardEmSay likes this.
  2. SpitefulHammer

SpitefulHammer Newbie

Reputations:
    Have you tested it yet?

3. ugaboga313

ugaboga313 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Love my new p650sg, but I am having problems with dota lag spikes (fps is fine, barely gets this machine to sweat). Someone else mentioend this problem so idk if they ever found a fix? Some quick impressions are that build quality is pretty good especially compared to my msi gx640. Hinge is quite strong, lid has a bit of flex but it seems fine/part of design. Definitely seems like it can survive a while.

4. cps_goodbuy

cps_goodbuy Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Which wireless card do you have?
    Can you run XTU in the background and see if the spikes correspond to either a spike in current throttling or drop in processor frequency?

5. IvanTSI

IvanTSI Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You updated the Bios and the EC?

6. gtizon

gtizon Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So i know nothing about modding. Is it a requirement to get the most out of the GPU or will I still be able to enjoy modern games at high graphics just fine?

Also my set up includes a 250gb crucial ssd and a 1 TB HDD. Windows is installed on the SSD naturally. Where should I install programs and games from Steam? On the SSD or the regular HDD? Thanks!

For the screen I got the AUO Optronics model AUO12ED or B156HAN01.2 not sure which is the model number there. is that an LED?

Last edited: May 2, 2015
  7. ugaboga313

ugaboga313 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I just got it from mythologic so I assume its updated. I have a killer 1525 which for everything else seems to rock. The lag is just brief disruptions of connection, fps is completely stable. A quick Google suggests its a common dots problem. I messed around with some settings in killer software which seemed to help but I guess I'll do more substantive tests later. Any recommendations for good new action RPG games like skyrim/stalker/etc?

8. HeardEmSay

HeardEmSay Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I can't tell if my chassis is warped..is it supposed to be kinda dipped on the bottom half like this?
    [​IMG]

9. xink64

xink64 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You don't need to do anything to the machine to have great performance in most games.
    I have same setup just Evo 850 250GB
    I have all my programs on my SSD, also steam including GTA 5 + Heavy programs like Matlab(14GB), Office 2013(??) and so on.
    I don't have any space problems, but of course if I had a million games in Steam I would need to use the HDD.

I use HDD for backup of images, movies, data (I work with Computer Vision), but else I would be fine with only the SSD.

I think the Screen from AUO can either be LED or TN so it's really hard to know.

I got the TN 1080p version from AUO and I am very happy about it!

10. terragon

terragon Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have a short 2 part review of p651SG here: with potential part 3 coming soon

This is the Korean version rebranded as Hansung