*** Official Clevo P65xSA/SE/SG / Sager NP8650/51/52 Owner´s Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Oct 13, 2014.

1. franzerich

franzerich Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have read multiple times in the Notebookcheck reviews, that the 48xx and higher numbered CPUs cause significantly more heat and wattage (not sure where it was mentioned, but either one of the P34, P35, P650SX). Of course the CPU is stronger, but I'm not sure how much, and if it's worth the hassle. I'd personally prefer the slower 4720 because of the reports, though I have no first hand experience on it. Maybe others can tell more about it.

2. kylin112358

kylin112358 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does anyone know the model number of the LG IPS screen from XOTIC PC? Thanks!

3. R3d

R3d Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    The model I got was the LG Philips LP156WF4-SLB5

4. aaworklist7

aaworklist7 Newbie

Reputations:
    I ordered my P651SE from Prostar and needless to say that so far I absolutely love this machine. My only gripe would probably be the rough, sharp edges on my wrists when I type for an extended period of time, however this can be fixed by simply using an external keyboard.

Why I am posting however is to see if anyone else has this same problem as I do and maybe I didn't notice it or I did it.

I opened the beast up to drop more RAM in it. I could only reach the top slots meaning not under the keyboard so there is only 16GB in it as of right now. Everything seemed to go fine, though getting the lid back on was a little tricky. Today however I just noticed that above the charger port, there looks to be a separation or bowing in the plastic. It almost looks slightly bubbled creating a little bit of space in between the machine and the plastic.

What I am not sure about is if maybe I just didn't notice it before, or if it's something that I caused by opening it. There is no give in it, meaning when I try to push it back in to look uniform, it won't budge... which leads me to believe that this is how it is supposed to be and perhaps I didn't notice it. But the logical side of me says there is no way it would be designed this way.

So I ask has anyone noticed something similar?

5. Sebi97

Sebi97 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Upload a picture and we'll let you know if its abnormal ;)

6. aaworklist7

aaworklist7 Newbie

Reputations:
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  7. Sebi97

Sebi97 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Says I dont have permission to view them...

8. aaworklist7

aaworklist7 Newbie

Reputations:
    Okay, I think I fixed that.

9. vnphantom

vnphantom Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You might have put the bottom shield on wrong. The trick is you tilt the panel a bit down ward toward the charging port, slide it in, then lower the rest of the panel starting from the back (charging port end) to the front. Open it back up and try that. ;)

10. aaworklist7

aaworklist7 Newbie

Reputations:

Thanks for the timely response, I will give that a try. I am hoping I didn't warp it at all as it was a pain to open the first time. I guess that is what a warranty is for eh?!?! I absolutely love this machine though. Perfect blend of power and sleekness.