*** Official Clevo P65xSA/SE/SG / Sager NP8650/51/52 Owner´s Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Oct 13, 2014.

1. wickette

wickette Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Still for exW230 owner was there a difference between a 47XX or a 48XX speaking of temps ? Because in that case i'm hesitating between the 4710 or the 4870 (with the iris 5200 :) )

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    The faster a chip runs the hotter it will be, however at the extreme range both will throttle to 47W, the 4810 may sit a bin or two higher as a slightly better sample.

3. Ningyo

Ningyo Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    4810 would be really nice too bad its not an option, 4870 just has a higher boost clock than the 4710 and has the near useless iris pro graphics (come on you have a 970m or 980m). 4770 is an even more useless option same as the 4710 but hundreds of dollars more for a IGPU that will nearly never get used.

Don't get me wrong on a laptop with no dedicated graphic, the Iris pro is rather awesome. But if you have a real GPU then its just a waste of money.

4. dohness

dohness Newbie

Reputations:
    I wonder if the steelseries keyboard can be fitted in these laptops. Would be a great option to have.

5. ghegde

ghegde Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    couldn't agree more that 4810 would have been more logical as an option. specially considering cpu is BGA and non upgradable.
    but i guess BGA cpu meant Clevo has to make a call on which motherboard to produce in quantities with the cpu +gpu combination.

i guess 4710 was chosen based on market research and price. they didnt think 4810 would sell in quantities to bother producing them.

6. Dabeer

Dabeer Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I thought making a decision and placing an order would allow me to relax and stop stressing... not so much! I still have to wait until Friday to be able to pay, and then wait who knows how long for delivery after that! I'm hoping I don't dislike the look as much in person as I do in pictures... but functionality over form, here. No other way I'm getting a 970m into my budget.

This is gonna be a long 2+ weeks :D

tfast500 and Cakefish like this.
  7. tfast500

tfast500 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I personally love the way this laptop looks I hate gody showy flashy designs that's why I'm set on a sager. I want minimalist style that has a lot going on under the hood. :) I really wish this model had the larger vram I'm still hung up over that and it just irritates me... I know it prob won't even make a difference to me since I tend to play older games. However I do want something that will last me years to come... I want to play open world games like dayz, 7days to die, and h1z1 which should all run high settings without issue anyways.

Its more of a psychological delimma for me. To have best bang for my buck 8gb vram vs 4gb ... The trade off here is I get a lighter thinner laptop with IPS screen which is some of my top priorities.

I talk myself in and out of this choice on an hourly basis I guess I really won't know what I am going to purchase until I get more feedback from the early adopters on this site. So I am definitely eager to hear what you guys think when you actually get your hands on it

8. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    tell me about it! 43 days to go here....ugh :p

i for one just looooove the looks, very sexy machine indeed :)

9. wickette

wickette Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    double post sorry

10. wickette

wickette Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Some resellers actually told me that it will be available early november and will be shipped early-mid november, it's more like 30+ days, 43 seems pessimistic ^^,
    So i'm going with a 4710HQ, still hesitating between a fangbook edge 970M 6Gig and the P65xSG....I do not change notebooks everyday and especially with a BGA socket I'm wondering if I'm going to regret it if it throttles...

I mean I do play CPU intensive games like Arma 3, and I do plan to buy Civilisation Beyond Earth...I'm really hesitating. I think I'm going to check more reviews of slim gaming notebooks in general ^^ before deciding.

For now it will be a 4710+980M clevo P651SG