*** Official Clevo P65xSA/SE/SG / Sager NP8650/51/52 Owner´s Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Oct 13, 2014.

1. xink64

xink64 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I noticed it, but for me it's not a big deal. I think it might actually be hardware related, so a registry fix won't be the solution.
    I had a television, where it could not be turned off, so I started using VGA connection as input and it went away.
    This is exactly the point. The built-in power-saving of the screen is probably adjusting directly on the input from the computer, so no easy fix can be achieved :/

2. xink64

Reputations:
    IMHO the HotKey app is not a nice thing, since it blocks the CPU frequency when using battery, but as I said it probably won't do any difference to the built-in dimming.
    Now what we need to figure out is if every screen has this problem. I have the cheapest solution: AUO36ED 1920x1080 and it is doing the dimming.

3. D2 Ultima

D2 Ultima Livestreaming Master

Reputations:
    Whut? You can simply adjust windows power settings and let your CPU fly on battery if you want. I have throttlestop set up to limit me on battery, but I've had high speed on battery before. It kills the battery, sure, but still.

4. -Jinx-

-Jinx- Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'll reinstall windows in a few days and I'll see then if the dimming is there without the hotkey app.

5. R3d

R3d Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Are the latest sager bios and ec posted anywhere? I remember that someone said that he had them, but I couldn't find anywhere to download it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

6. xink64

Reputations:
    On my machine HotKey was blocking the CPU at 1.45 ghz as soon as the background service was up and running post-boot. I could see the CPU going from 3.4 Ghz to 1.45 Ghz (and no higher) during the boot. With Throttlestep I could manually override this limit, but why did HotKey do that in the first place? I tried all profiles in the program as well.
    I have now removed it and have no problems and is not missing anything.

7. xink64

Reputations:
    What type of screen do you have?

8. D2 Ultima

D2 Ultima Livestreaming Master

Reputations:
    Can you do me a favour and run hotkey app and set a custom windows power plan with "minimum processor state" and "maximum processor state" on battery both to 100% and leave your hotkey app showing as "custom" or "user defined"? Your app looks different to mine, but it should be something like this:
    [​IMG]

9. xink64

Reputations:
    If anyone is experiencing problems using Intel Virtualization Technology after installing PremaMod, just go and turn it off and on in BIOS, even though it says "Enabled" it wasn't in my case.
    I had a guest OS unable to boot after PremaMod, because vt-x was no longer available.

10. -Jinx-

-Jinx- Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    @D2 Ultima

My control center looks totally different than yours.

@xink64

My hotkey app us also limiting my cpu to 1.45ghz in both prime and intel burn test...in windows power plans it is set to maximum 100%

My screen is the AUO AVHA..not the cheap TN