*** Official Clevo P65xSA/SE/SG / Sager NP8650/51/52 Owner´s Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Oct 13, 2014.

1. bmac1632

bmac1632 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I have no issues with my keyboard. My only complaint is the minor flex found in the top middle section.

2. Support.1@XOTIC PC

Support.1@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Standard production time is estimated at 7-12 business days but your specific build time may vary depending on the options you have selected. If you can PM me an order number or email me with your information I can look at it specifically.

3. Support.1@XOTIC PC

Reputations:
    The temps people reference on computers is pretty universally in Celsius. Your temps in Celsius are well within tolerance and seem to even be pretty good. You don't have any need to be concerned about your temps.

Timvdlinde likes this.
  4. soakr

soakr Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Surely his temps are 98°C, which must be considered quite hot for running stress tests or benchmarks in XTU? During a stress test for such a limited period of time my CPU does not even reach 80°C.

EDIT: I should probably add that I experience a lot of CPU throttling on my machine so that might affect the temperature of my chip.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  5. Daosw

Daosw Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I've had exactly the same problem with the P505 (P651SE) I've had recently.

6. Support.1@XOTIC PC

Reputations:
    The pics provided of his results indicate temps in Celsius and what I am referencing.

7. Delta_V

Delta_V Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Are you running with the stock 8GB single channel RAM? When I ran the XTU test and benchmark using the stock RAM, with a 60mV undervolt, my temps barely broke 80C. But switching to 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz in dual-channel pushed my temps in the XTU stress test and benchmark up to the upper 90s. In that benchmark, I need to run an 80mV undervolt *and* use a cooling pad to avoid thermal throttling.

8. soakr

soakr Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    So seems like a common problem with the keyboard, but at least there are users who do not have this problem. Guess they will have to ship me new keyboards until they get it right :).

9. soakr

soakr Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I am running with the 2x8GB 1600MHz (Crucial) RAM that came with my particular setup (a preselected one at a discounted price).
    I sure hope my settings are correct and that my temps won't go up, I would hate to have to use my old cooling pad (CM U3 with 6 fans) on this slim beauty.

10. TomJGX

TomJGX I HATE BGA!

Reputations:
    You need to have your 970M GPU activated I believe.. So start up a game and minimise it... Start GPU-Z up (ideally before opening the game) and you should be able to dump vBIOS

Yes MX-4 is a junk paste.. In fact it's useless...Gelid GC Extreme will do temps at least 10C lower then MX-4 (IC Diamond is similar to GC Extreme) and my temps dropped by 10C under load when using IC... Could OC more too..

Repaste.. I think the dual channel RAM + extra stress on memory controller due to 1866MHz RAM isn't helping!

Timvdlinde likes this.