*** Official Clevo P65xSA/SE/SG / Sager NP8650/51/52 Owner´s Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Oct 13, 2014.

1. -Jinx-

-Jinx- Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm just now noticing a weird dimming of my screen.....actually I noticed it before but until today I just thought it was my imagination.

It doesn't depend on the ambient lighting.....it's kinda like on the new smart TV's ...when you get dark images on the screen, it automatically dims down...when you go back to a bright image then the screen gradually lights up again.

Anyone know how to make this stop...it's really annoying.

P.S. adaptive brightness is already disabled in windows...including in registry

2. D2 Ultima

D2 Ultima Livestreaming Master

Reputations:
    I get the same thing. I know of no idea how to stop it. Sometimes it pisses me the hell off.

3. -Jinx-

Reputations:
    I have a feelong this stuff is somehow related to the hotkey app.

Is that app really necessary?

I mean can't we just run the laptop without it?

4. D2 Ultima

D2 Ultima Livestreaming Master

Reputations:
    You could, but your hotkeys may not respond. Keyboard backlighting won't likely work well (if at all) and you won't be able to disable the trackpad and you POSSIBLY won't be able to use max fans.

5. -Jinx-

Reputations:
    Yeah...I was thinking about the keyboard backlight...

Touchpad is not a prob....you have a setting in the driver to automatically disable it when connecting a mouse.

Most other hotkeys aren't really important for me...the only one actually being problematic would be keyboard backlight.

Also does anyone know what happened to the option to disable the charm bar when swiping in the synaptics driver?

It was there before..

6. weav

weav Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Yep.. I noticed it too and glad someone else is seeing it so it isn't just me! Seems like a reboot fixes it for me for a while but is aggravating!

7. ItsGrant

ItsGrant Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    hey man, how do you like your 4k sharp? is it the matte version or glossy? i may make the leap to 4k sharp.. I'm trying to decide. does it scale to 1080p well?

8. LoneSyndal

LoneSyndal Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Its pretty good. Only complaint is that it isnt "too bright" compared to the usual screens I use. Mines Glossy using matte film (as stated in my sig). Downscaling resolution to 1080p is fine. No issues there.

@weav and those with brightness issues. Hotkey has adaptive brightness. May want to kill it.

9. ItsGrant

Reputations:
    Just ordered my np8652 with a 4k matte sharp display, 8gb ram (ill add 8 more), going to add 2 128gb m.2 ssd and run them in raid.

Does anyone have estimates on the length it takes to arrive if i live in the usa if i ordered it from xotic?

10. ItsGrant

Reputations:
    Any ideas for me on how long it would take my sager np8652 to arrive if im in the usa? (Just want an idea.. 5 days? A week? Two weeks?)