*** Official Clevo P65xSA/SE/SG / Sager NP8650/51/52 Owner´s Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Sebi97

Sebi97 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    What is going on... these viewing angles seem just... bad. HUGE color shift... I really hope XoticPC didn't screw it up and send me the stock TN. How can I check what panel I have?

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Device manager look at the hardware ID of the panel.

The m550 is a hot drive for a SATA one yes.

3. Sebi97

Reputations:
    I looked under monitor and all it says is "Generic PNP Monitor". Any suggestions?

4. -Jinx-

-Jinx- Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hwinfo64 will show you all info you want to know(don't tick "sensor mode only" on startup)...including monitor and hdd.

How did you arrive @ the conclusion the hdd is 7200?

I doubt you can use the ssd without the case.

5. kingyr

kingyr Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Sebi97, its as per what Meaker says, though you have to go into "Generic PnP Monitor" properties, details, then hardware ID. Otherwise HWInfo tells you your monitor type aswell.

6. Sebi97

Reputations:
    It appears I have this panel: AUO B156HTN03.1
    This is not made by LG... this is not IPS... XoticPC screwed it up it seems as I had the LG IPS screen on my order and paid extra for it. This panel is absolutely horrid.

EDIT: Here is the panel I have (info sheet): http://www.panelook.com/B156HTN03.1_AUO_15.6_LCM_overview_20475.html

Seems like they did mess it up. This should get interesting, I trust XoticPC to make this right but I am very disappointed that this slipped by them. Now I'm wondering if I got the IC Diamond 7 thermal paste I ordered...

7. Sebi97

Reputations:
    As for the HDD, here is the stock drive I received:
    [​IMG]

Notice it says 7200rpm and SATA 6.0GBPS on the actual drive however there is a circular sticker which appears to say SAT2... This is annoying. I guess I'll trust the HDD label. But then why was that circular sticker put on? Ugh..

EDIT: It appears I have this drive: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822145881
    Not sure why that sticker is there but, whatever I guess...

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  8. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    Doesn't matter, because you won't exceed SATA 2 speeds anyhow, heck you won't come close to SATA 1 speeds.

9. Sebi97

Reputations:
    Thanks for that info. Also, just a quick question, is EC the same as vBIOS? I downloaded Prema's mod and got 2 folders; 1 titled vBIOS and another titled BIOS. Does it matter which one I install first? Thanks in advance!

10. -Jinx-

-Jinx- Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Uh.....don't start messing with flashing bios until you're absolutely sure you know what you're doing.

Otherwise it's very easy to brick your bios...

VBios is the internal bios of the videocard AND is totally different than EC

First flash EC and only after that BIOS. Read the tutorial and watch the movie on prema's website like....a hundred times before you do it

P.S. That's the hitachi travelstar 7k1000 Hdd....it's about the best 1Tb classic HDD that you can get.