*** Official Clevo P65xSA/SE/SG / Sager NP8650/51/52 Owner´s Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Oct 13, 2014.

1. kingyr

kingyr Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yeah mine runs in a little box too, but I don't mind, just glad the card isn't defective or anything of the sort.

2. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    you can try:

mythlogic
    sager (bad rep here on NBR concerning customer service)
    malibal (persona non grata here at NBR)
    rjtech
    prostar

Lythandra likes this.
  3. Cakefish

Cakefish ¯\_(?)_/¯

Reputations:
    Seeing as we both have the crashes, with the same hardware and the fact that no other games are affected, it can only be a bug with 3DMark itself.

4. Jer Stryker

Jer Stryker Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    If you're still on the hotel WiFi, honestly I'd not bother troubleshooting further. Hotel WiFi is probably the worst, most unreliable kind of Internet connection since 2G cellular data. I usually stay in over 10 different hotels a month and maybe only one or two might have what I would call "good" Internet. Your ping spikes could be caused by channel overlap by multiple access points in use at the hotel as well as other guests using their own mobile hot spots. Also if you and other guests are both trying to use the connection at the exact same time, you might get put "at the end of the line" so to speak for your packet, causing lag spikes there.

If you're on Android, you can get the app WiFi Analyzer to see just how crowded the spectrum is, and you can get PingTools to ping from your phone (there are other apps I'm sure) to see if your phone really is connecting better than your PC, or if you have just been perceiving it that way. You might also try to find and ping your gateway instead of Google from your PC to more accurately troubleshoot if the problem is between you and the router. To do this type "ipconfig" from the command prompt and look for "default gateway" and ping that IP address.

There is still a decent chance you have a real issue with your PC, but there are just so many other variables with hotel WiFi that you might never know if you've fixed it properly. Also, are the reported issues with the Intel wireless on 802.11ac only or 802.11n as well? The reason I ask is that it's highly unlikely the hotel is using 802.11ac or even 5GHz for that matter.

5. alaskajoel

alaskajoel Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Does anyone know if the premamod enables TPM on a Sager machine?

6. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    TPM is a hardware feature. No chip on board, no option in BIOS visible.

I think that maybe only 30% of the motherboards come with TPM chip...unless one of the main importer insisted on it, it's a lottery.

alaskajoel likes this.
  7. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    huh, interesting to know! i thought it was implemented on all machines

8. bini

bini Newbie

Reputations:
    @jaybee83 Do you mind me asking which retailer you ordered your laptop from? And which retailers from EU would you recommend based on your experience?

Edit: I am from Czech Rep but currently living in Germany.

9. tijgert

tijgert Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  10. alaskajoel

alaskajoel Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Seems really odd a manufacturer would make something like TPM a lottery. Eurocom says they include TPM for sure, so I'll assume they are requesting it direct from Clevo.