*** Official Clevo P65xSA/SE/SG / Sager NP8650/51/52 Owner´s Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Hephaestos

Hephaestos Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Of course it is not, local taxes and other fees would be very different depending which country you are in. Those fees are collected by local governments. Surprising as it is, apart from USA and Canada there are many, many other countries :)

2. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    average response time on the sharp panel is 25ms which sounds like a lot, but i havent heard a single complaint yet when it comes to gaming. no ghosting or tearing whatsoever :)

the sharp panel also sports a pretty high maximum brightness which should definitely help to counteract the glossiness. i myself am actually waiting for a matte version of this screen though, mysn will have it in stock mid february so other resellers might going to have it as well :)

according to htwingnut's review the 9xxm series gpus will, if at all, only be bottlenecked in a few games and then only by a few %. u always have the option to overclock the 4720HQ by +200 mhz though by using xtu :)

3. jrtwister15

jrtwister15 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    hi I have a question I just ordered this laptop with the LG ips display... how good is it how bright is the screen?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  4. Omnom

Omnom Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    IMAG0295[1].jpg

So I've uploaded a photo of the part I got up to in the registry editor, which is the part where I ended up getting stuck.

Sorry for the Smartphone photo, but I couldn't get my PrintScreen Button to work. I've also shown the ping ranges I get. Although in the photo it doesn't demonstrate the full range of high pings I get up to. It also doesn't show the occasions where I receive 'request timeout' messages.

It does seem to be working a lot better than it was yesterday, but still, the inconsistency shouldn't be happening. Especially on a laptop worth over a grand. Hopefully it sorts itself out even more! :p

Cheers,

5. Cakefish

Cakefish ¯\_(?)_/¯

Reputations:
  6. kingyr

kingyr Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey Cakefish,

Regarding that 3DMark error we both get or for anyone else who receives same error, set your display resolution back to 1920x1080. Perhaps it's a cocktail of non accredited drivers for the 980 and perhaps a limitation with 3DMark Demo where it can't launch the benchmarks on resolutions higher that 1080p? Not sure, but anyhow I managed to run a benchmark, results in the link below and running an odd driver from windows update as I was trying a few things yesterday. Was actually about to format and see how that would go hahaha.

results

Try it out see if you can run some benchmarks, hopefully new nvidia drivers will settle the issue sometime down the track.

3DMark error: -
    Unexpected error running tests.
    Workload Single init returned error message: File: device_resources.cpp
    Line: 313
    Function: class eva::com_ptr __cdecl eva::d3d11::device_resources::create_buffer(const struct D3D11_BUFFER_DESC &,const struct D3D11_SUBRESOURCE_DATA *) const

Expression: hr: DX11 call failed [-2005270523].

Hardware device removed.
    DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED: ID3D11Device::CreateBuffer:

7. Cakefish

Cakefish ¯\_(?)_/¯

Reputations:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4710HQ,Clevo P65_P67SG powered by PremaMod.com

Yeah it does work if I set desktop resolution to 1920x1080; but runs the test in a tiny box in the centre of the screen, even with Ultra. Very weird. It must be some sort of scaling issue with either the Intel or NVIDIA drivers and/or some sort of bug concerning 4K resolutions within the 3DMark program.

As soon as set desktop resolution to native and try running it:

8. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    as for the box in the center issue: check the nvidia control panel and see if u can change the scaling options there from 100% to full-screen or stretched, maybe that will fix it...

9. Cakefish

Cakefish ¯\_(?)_/¯

Reputations:
    Didn't change anything. Still in a box in the centre of the screen at 1920x1080. And still crashes at native resolution. No other game/benchmark I've tried has this issue. Only 3DMark.

10. Lythandra

Lythandra Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Who all sells these in the US?

Theres:
    xoticpc.com
    hidevolution.com
    lpc-digital.com

I'm sure there more that i'm not finding.

Anyone have any more?