*** Official Clevo P65xSA/SE/SG / Sager NP8650/51/52 Owner´s Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Oct 13, 2014.

1. tijgert

tijgert Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    He may have repasted it... Maybe add some pressure with a mod..

2. Sebi97

Sebi97 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I see what you guys mean. Fair enough. Even so, that temperature is remarkably good. Seems like the 970m is a no-brainer- 980m performance with temps in the mid 60's on a thin laptop thats under $1300 USD. SOLD! :D
    (OK, I'm biased since I just ordered the 970m version ;))

3. Amal77

Amal77 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hi guys.

Got a question for those with GTX 970M 3GB vRAM.
    Do you guys suffer any stuttering issue due to not enough vRAM?

Here's a compilation of vRAM usage of some of the latest game from gamegpu.ru website :

[​IMG]

Thanks!

4. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    You are in the Clevo section here, no locked down secure flash nonsense like MSI, Lenovo, Asus and all the others (YET). ;)

Slowly slowly big boy, we also need to find the (PSU/temp) sweet-spot for everyone...

Anyway, of course you also have your usual "GO-WING-NUTS" - version with power throttle completely disabled in your inbox. :D

No idea, but I can tell you that the vRAM of the 3GB GTX970M and 4GB of GTX980M clocks a couple hundred Mhz higher than their MXM counterparts.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
    HTWingNut, tfast500, jaybee83 and 6 others like this.
  5. Ionising_Radiation

Ionising_Radiation ?v = ve*ln(m0/m1)

Reputations:
    'Not enough VRAM'??? Most games I've seen require at most 1 GB VRAM to run smoothly. Shadow of Mordor is cr*ppily un-optimised. Even X-Plane 10 doesn't require > 1.5 GB and that is reputed to kill all graphics cards.

That chart is meant for desktops which are water-cooled and have no power/temperature/space limits (hint: take a look at the specs in your chart.)

As far as I'm concerned, I don't need and want games to run at 60 FPS continuously - this means that my GPU isn't being taxed much, if at all. My personal sweet spot is 30-45 FPS.

But to each his own

6. Retron

Retron Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Finally had time to try some overclocking on my laptop, with a 980M. I'll be interested to see just how far it can be pushed should an unlocked BIOS be made available! FWIW going for a 500MHz overclock on the memory caused 3DMark to crash out. I didn't tinker with voltages.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4710HQ,Notebook P65_P67SG

9100a.jpg

Within a gnat's whisker of a desktop 4770K with a Titan. It feels like I'm dreaming!

Ningyo and danisrael like this.
  7. Amal77

Amal77 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Well, just did a quick test on Dragon Age : Inquisition on my GTX 765M with 2GB vRAM

1366x768 on High - around 1.2GB vRAM dedicated usage from GPU-Z
    1920x1080 on High - around 1.3GB vRAM

1366x768 on Maximum - around 1.7GB vRAM
    1920x1080 on Maximum - around 1.9 (almost 2GB) vRAM

It's good if you guys have no issue on stuttering.
    Coz I've pre-ordered the Gigabyte P34W v3 with GTX 970M 3GB.

8. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    yupyup, johnksss found the same when ocing his 980m sli config, needed to also unlock the TDP power target to get even more perf out of his system :) should be a similar case here

thx prema for releasing the potential of these brilliant models :) helps to pass the time until batman finally arrives :D

9. Cakefish

Cakefish ¯\_(?)_/¯

Reputations:
    Hark! Bluetooth survives yet another day without issues!

A real stress test: in excess of an hour in Crysis 3 just standing there still - with a resulting constant 99% GPU load. Bam! Laptop handled it like a champ. Maximum of 63°C for the GPU and 64°C for the CPU. No thermal throttling of any kind. Bam!

[​IMG]

Plug-In Power and Energy Monitor: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

jaybee83 and redbytes like this.
  10. jeanjackstyle

jeanjackstyle Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    All right, I think this laptop is freeza disguised in a computer. Cakefish, did you try battery life? Htwingnut evaluate his p650sg to roughly 200 minutes for desktop tasks and 150 for movie. Anybody has the 980 + Fhd for battery life evaluation? Wickette?