*** Official Clevo P65xSA/SE/SG / Sager NP8650/51/52 Owner´s Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Oct 13, 2014.

1. kingyr

kingyr Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anyone using a laptop sleeve for this? If so which one, I got one from Christmas, small ;( 10mm short on either side and top, this is a Crumpler Milestone Moment 15". Would have been prefect otherwise.

Also anyone using SPDIF with Astro A50's and got it working?

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays everyone! and thanks :)

2. Cakefish

Cakefish ¯\_(?)_/¯

Reputations:
    I have one that fits nice and snugly (Logik). Sorry, can't find a link on the interwebs with a quick Google search, but it's 15.6", blue and is made by Logik. I too bought a new one (Kamor), but it didn't fit, so now I'm giving it away along with my old Samsung laptop as a Christmas pressie to my Dad and Stepmum! :)

Yeah, the whole laptop, for free. I'm feeling very generous this Christmas. Could have sold it for moneys but I plan to sell my Clevo P170SM in January anyway so no big loss. They still have my very first HP laptop, which is very old and haggered now - the battery is completely dead, it has an excruciatingly slow 160GB HDD and has physically seen better days with paint wearing off on the touch pad buttons etc. Me giving them this Samsung with much faster Crucial M4 256GB SSD along with Windows 8.1, Core i5 and the amazing quality speakers it has will make for a great upgrade for them!

Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
    kingyr and flamy like this.
  3. Noteb00kFreaK

Noteb00kFreaK Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  4. wickette

wickette Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    did you press F7 while booting and select usb boot ?

5. Noteb00kFreaK

Reputations:
    Yes I did. :)

6. Noteb00kFreaK

Reputations:
    Mhhh I think all that has to do with FreeDOS-Image. What Image are you using? I used now a different image and got this:

20141225_111813.jpg

7. redbytes

redbytes Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Merry Christmas everyone :) I already made a present to my P650SG: a Steelseries mouse and a M.2 SSD! :D

Now all I need is... the laptop :D hope to get it soon!

tfast500 likes this.
  8. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    unless ure trolling...

anything in the 80s is non-critical, anything below 80 under load is actually veeeerry good!!! guys, dont shift standards here just cuz this machine is able to do some serious cooling, these load temps in the 60s and 70s are insanely low!

redbytes likes this.
  9. tijgert

tijgert Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    "Ho Ho Ho I said, while pointing to the three ladies on the corner of the street":D

Yeah the bioses and EC's should be interchangeable since the motherboards are the same.
    Even the bios says so. Still, I'm asking my reseller :)

On a completely different matter; anybody still able to OC their 980 on the newer 347.09 driver?
    It works on 344.75, but as soon as I upgrade the clocks won't stick (AB4.0).
    The accompanying pdf actually says that overclocking is not longer supported... Blue's clue's?

10. myx

myx Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    As a matter of fact I'm not trying to troll, not a lot anyway :)

The laptop is very silent, compared to my old P157SM but at the same time it is running much warmer. Like after one hour of Bf4 (high or ultra settings) I get 85-90 degrees on CPU running @ turbo speeds and around 72ish for the GPU.
    The cpu HS is definitly making good contact and heat transfer because the air being evacuated is really hot.

If I turn the fans on max speed (FN+1) the speeds drop about 15 degrees @ CPU and around 10 degrees GPU.

I presume everybody is testing these laptops with max fans on, right?
    Not sure what to make of those numbers.