*** Official Clevo P65xSA/SE/SG / Sager NP8650/51/52 Owner´s Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Oct 13, 2014.

1. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    yup i have :) was on my old laptop with sandy bridge cpu though. dont see a reason why it wouldnt work with this newer gen model as well as long as the ram sticks are rated stable at that speed ;)

as for performance, dont expect too much when it comes to gaming, ull see a performance bump of 1-5% at best. depending on which kinda speed rating ure coming from,(say 1333 or 1600 mhz), overall system snappiness might be significantly improved :)

ldkv and Gimmy like this.
  2. aethelbert

aethelbert Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Mine was like that for the first few days. I set it into Entertainment mode and haven't worried about it since. Also interesting is that the power options for Performance list the fans as being 'Passive' cooled even when connected to mains power. This should be 'active' instead. Entertainment doesn't seem to have this issue.

3. b.j.smith@ieee.org

b.j.smith@ieee.org Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Huh? JEDEC DDR3L fully supports 1.5V, along with 1.35V. A DDR3L module runs just fine at 1.5V, and a DDR3L designed board can run modules at 1.5V. I've never heard of 1.5V causing stability issues in any DDR3 system or with any module.

I think people have been reading a lot of over-volting/over-clocking "enthusiast" articles and have come away with assumptions. DDR3L is specifically designed for 1.5V compatibility.

Oranjoose likes this.
  4. Reks

Reks Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Can anyone comment on the texture of the keys on the keyboard? The GS60 has a sort of matte finish and I was wondering what the ones on the p65x SE/SG felt like.

5. jdenquin

jdenquin Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    damn really? what about this screen? anyone own it?

EDIT : ok I see that this screen cheat for 4K, I cancelled this option so!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  6. redbytes

redbytes Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Sooo... here I am, in line for the P650SG! :) We need a fancy nickname like the Batman one... :p

Anyways, my laptop will come for late 2014 / super early 2015 (I really don't mind, since for new year's eve I'll be in Wien for some days with my gf). I bought it with an Italian reseller (Raiontech) which is really satisfying me: no paypal payment tax ( unlike mysn... :rolleyes: ), free removal of their labeling from the case & no BIOS personalization; plus, they're going to include free thermal pads for m.2 SSDs, which is a really nice gimmick since it seems that the XP941 can become quite hot.

Now, my only doubt is about the SSD. I have the possibility to sell my 840 PRO and get something else in exchange. I don't want a spindle so don't even mention it. My doubt is to buy a larger SATA SSD or get a PCIx one.

Do you think a XP941 is worth the money or is better to wait the (already announced) 951 for hopefully better temps? Or it's better to get a 512 EVO SATA and use it for data?

7. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    that 951 looks yummy! :D

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. Tentenkun

Tentenkun Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'll have one of these pcie ssd sooner or later, but I'll wait at least one or two generations, especially for a drop in temperature. Now let's hope this "optimized" thing is related to this issue, as it's the only one now. And maybe more compatibility on motherboards for boot capabilities, but this is maybe more an issue with motherboard chipsets than with thedrive itself.

I'm waiting for some reviews.

9. Cakefish

Cakefish ¯\_(?)_/¯

Reputations:
    Scan have come to an absolute standstill. They're insanely busy apparently, and it's depressingly obvious. I've heard nothing from them the entire week. I only managed to get through over the phone. The chap assured me I'll receive it by the end of the week (which logically means it'll dispatch tomorrow at the latest) but I need to know what day exactly. He said i should get email with dispatch estimate this afternoon. I have a very important meeting with a very busy man that I need to arrange asap, either for tomorrow morning or Friday afternoon. I can't keep him waiting for much longer but I don't want to have to rearrange at the last minute if it clashes with this delivery. C'mon Scan, communicate with me! :/

Sent from my Nexus 5

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  10. bigspin

bigspin My Kind Of Place

Reputations:
    DPD allow you to rearrange delivery time. So when you received your dispatch mail and DPD start showing it in their system, make the changes.

Cakefish likes this.