*** Official Clevo P65xSA/SE/SG / Sager NP8650/51/52 Owner´s Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Oct 13, 2014.

1. jdenquin

jdenquin Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Totally agree with you, but If i take this 4K panel its for desktop usage and indies game, with AAA I'll set 1080P or 3K resolution

adampk17 likes this.
  2. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    same here, 4K is just brilliant for additional work space on the desktop level and for gaming ull just switch to 1080p :)

adampk17 likes this.
  3. Cakefish

Cakefish ¯\_(?)_/¯

Reputations:
    Rayman Origins and Rayman Legends are AAA's that would work well at 4K too!

Sent from my Nexus 5

4. iAGZzzz

iAGZzzz Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Don't panic Cake, I got mine from Scan this morning as they'll all arrive today/tomorrow at the latest.

Really well packaged so not the slightest bit of damage which was much to my relief. Only main comments so far? Screen feels poor, some text seems blurry but I'm colourblind so that doesn't bother me/I can't tell as such. Trackpad also feels slightly slower than what I'm used to, so I want to find a way of increasing the DPI.

Apart from that this machine is a beauty. Amazing power concealed in a professional chassis. Can sit in the library with this and none of my fellow student would have a clue what this beast can handle.

adampk17, bigspin and Cakefish like this.
  5. Cakefish

Cakefish ¯\_(?)_/¯

Reputations:
    I can't help worrying! There's still no update on my order and it's mid-afternoon. It moved so fast on Friday but everything's come to a standstill now. It's only waiting on software installation and QA, not that I wish them to rush that part. So close, yet so far...

Sent from my Nexus 5

adampk17 likes this.
  6. joakimbo

joakimbo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Actually it's a bit more complicated. Just noticed that after rebooting SSD read/write is 550/500, but after 5-10min it's suddenly 250/200 again, and it stays this way. AHCI is enabled, so any suggestions on what I do now?

7. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    what exactly did happen in those 5-10 min? also, check what happens if u let the system idle for an hour after those 5-10 minutes, see if the performance goes back up again. also make sure u activate the trim command each time before u run a bench. might be the garbage collection busying the drive...

8. bmac1632

bmac1632 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Well....,,2D is cheating!:D

9. joakimbo

joakimbo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I've gone through the full tweaking guide. Also checked that TRIM is enabled. Installed latest firmware of both Intel RST and EVO firmware. Chipset says it's up to date. I don't really know what is wrong. Could it be the cracked win 8.1 I've downloaded? Also max performance in windows is enabled.

Now I did the test after 3min and it jumped down to 220/200. All I did was launching chrome, checked this forum and then did the test.

Oh wait.. Just noticed something. It says in Magician that I'm connected to a SATA2-port and not a SATA3. Could that be it?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  10. Cakefish

Cakefish ¯\_(?)_/¯

Reputations:
    Did your laptop not come with a legit and legal copy of Windows preinstalled?

Sent from my Nexus 5

adampk17 likes this.