*** Official Clevo P65xSA/SE/SG / Sager NP8650/51/52 Owner´s Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Richteralan

Richteralan Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    For 15 inch, I would much prefer a 2K screen instead of 4K. But with 17 inch, a 4K screen is indeed a must.

2. kingyr

kingyr Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If you were to even bother looking for a 2K spec'd 15.6 you may as well get one with a good 1080p screen or 3K and correct me if I'm wrong but with the 17 I don't think it's right to say 4K is a must when there isn't one readily available?

3. Delta_V

Delta_V Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well, my NP8651 with the Sharp 4K screen is scheduled to arrive this week :D

Looks like I'll be one of the first to get it, although anyone who opted for faster delivery will beat me (I just stuck with the free delivery)

Already have the free Windows 8.1 I got through my university loaded to a usb and ready to install. Getting this thing and getting it up and running should be a nice reward for surviving finals this week :)

Cakefish likes this.
  4. Cakefish

Cakefish ¯\_(?)_/¯

Reputations:
    How can you say 4K at 15.6" is far too much (282PPI) and 17.3" is perfect (255PPI) when the difference in pixel density is merely 10%?

Hi, fellow Sharp 4K'er!

THE RACE IS ON!!!

Sent from my Nexus 5

5. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    Yep, or just download all the drivers from here: 藍天Clevo

The thing is, I'm not able to adjust to 3k resolution in any way, shape, or form. It goes from 2k to 4k and nothing in between. Intel's custom modes when I set it to a 3k res says it exceeds bandwidth which we know is crap because it can run at 4k/60. Games like Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor and Dragon Age Inquisition handle the resolution a bit differently. They actually run at full screen, but adjust the quality to the resolution which you want. Kinda weird, but it seems to work. Although I can only get Dragon Age to work at "full screen window" otherwise it runs it in a corner of the screen.

And some older games may run well at 4k, but depends on what games you mean too. Many games don't support much more than 1920x1200.

I'm not sure what you mean by "There is no Samsung 4k display". This one is Samsung, 4k, 60Hz, but I'd like to know what the issues are that you're referring to. It's 10 times better than any TN screen and on par with other IPS I've used.

Open up the bottom and double check that the wires are properly connected to the wi-fi card. Sounds like a typical cable disconnected issue.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  6. logbog

logbog Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Mine xmg p505 with 980m and fhd ips panel will be dispatched today. I will report on the screen quality Tomorrow.

7. Thrall2004

Thrall2004 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey Guys,

so I've just translated the review I've written. you can have a look here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/kqwfjxiri32h3ns/XMG P505PRO EN.pdf?dl=0

please be gentle, this is my first review, also I know, there will be a lot of error's concerning the grammar etc... however, I hope you like it and it helps some people with their decision.

HTWingNut, jaybee83, tareyza and 3 others like this.
  8. Flam3h

Flam3h Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Can anyone confirm if you can boot from a Samsung XP941 m.2 x4 PCI-e 2.0 drive?. I have my P670 arriving today or tomorrow with no HDD or SSD and I'm looking at either the 512gb XP941 or the 512gb Samsung 850 Pro and both are in the same(ish) price range.

If I can boot from the XP941, I think I'm tempted to get one even though they get toasty.

Any specific reason I really shouldn't buy one over the 850 pro? (if I can boot that from the XP941 that is).

9. Dabeer

Dabeer Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm pretty sure he's saying that because the Samsung screen is PenTile RGBW , which achieves a perceived 4k resolution by "cheating" a little bit - it doesn't actually have a full RGB set of subpixels for every pixel.

More here: PenTile matrix family - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  10. jeanjackstyle

jeanjackstyle Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thank you!