*** Official Clevo P65xSA/SE/SG / Sager NP8650/51/52 Owner´s Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Oct 13, 2014.

1. kato08

kato08 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi new here I order the np8652 with the standard wireless card now im look for a wireless card i could buy and put in this beast can anyone help me with this...
    Also should I install Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 I'm more familiar with 7 but if there's any problems with the drivers with 7 then I'm sure I could warm up to 8.1

2. Cakefish

Cakefish ¯\_(?)_/¯

Reputations:
    Also a 192bit memory bus instead of 256bit, cutting memory bandwidth by 25%. Also slightly lower stock clockspeeds on the core.

So... yeah. It'll be a mighty challenge to get it to overclock by the ~30% necessary to keep up with a stock 980M. It'll be impossible to keep a temperature advantage. More cores running at lower clockspeeds is more efficient than fewer cores running at higher clockspeeds. So, sorry but you can't produce a miracle and maintain a massively cooler 970M with the same performance as a 980M. Physics won't allow it. Yeah, you can undervolt but you sure as heck aren't gonna get ~30% performance increase while heavily undervolted.

970M is still a great GPU of course :) So be happy with what you've got. It'll still overclock well and run cool. But if you wanted 980M performance at 970M temps... that's a physical impossibility currently.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Praedaedae likes this.
  3. mcswift101

mcswift101 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    So I noticed that the backlight of my IPS screen seems to change a bit, at least when I'm running on battery. Went into power options and made sure adaptive display was off and that the screen was set to always be at 100%, but I was still noticing that the backlight was a bit weaker sometimes.

However, I just went into the Intel HD Graphics config program and found an option that reduces the current consumed by the screen when on battery. It's on. Is it safe to say that's what was causing the sometimes dimmer display?

There are also contrast, luminosity and gamma options in the Intel HD config panel :D These settings must apply to the screen at all times, right? And not just when the iGPU is being used?

Oh, and how do I found out the exact model of my IPS screen? I have the P505 from XMG, but I was wondering if I have the same panel that Wickette was talking about.

4. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    there are NO physical impossibilities!!!! :twitchy::spinny:

[​IMG]

teknikk7 likes this.
  5. mcswift101

mcswift101 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I think I remember someone saying that drivers for the P650/ P651 series aren't made for Windows 7, but perhaps I'm wrong. But I do know for sure that the drivers availabe on XMG's site (where I bought from) are clearly marked as being for Windows 8.1, with no signs of any for Windows 7.

Either way, best to ask whatever vendor you're buying from about OS compatibility, as they should know.

6. kato08

kato08 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I think they have drivers for both 7 and 8.1 on eurocom version of this laptop(eurocom pro m5)

7. wickette

wickette Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    ok let's go shopping, I'm searching for a pink unicorn actually ^^, It's not normal guys after more than one year since the release of haswell to expect less than 90 C for a stressed gaming intel cpu, in a 15" gaming laptop.

Praedaedae likes this.
  8. Praedaedae

Praedaedae Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  9. Praedaedae

Praedaedae Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Why do you keep ignoring my posts ? You asked this before and I answered to you : --> http://forum.notebookreview.com/sag...51-np8652-owner-s-lounge-211.html#post9856753

And by the way, I will OC my 980 to a 1000m :D

10. aethelbert

aethelbert Notebook Evangelist

Reputations: