*** Official Clevo P65xSA/SE/SG / Sager NP8650/51/52 Owner´s Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Oct 13, 2014.

1. alaskajoel

alaskajoel Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    One quick note about this:
    If you are booting in UEFI mode you have essentially zero time to hit the button. I've had success holding F2 as soon as the machine turns on before it boots into EFI Windows 10TP. If you have it in bios mode, then F2 is the key and you have plenty of time.
    If you're still unable to boot into UEFI / BIOS under an EFI Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10TP installation, follow these instructions:

Press the Windows key + C, or swipe in from the right edge of the screen to open your Charms.
    1. Click Settings.
    2. Click Change PC Settings.
    3. Click Update and recovery, then select Recovery.
    4. To the right beneath Advanced Startup, click Restart now.
    5. Once the boot menu appears, select Troubleshoot.
    6. In the Troubleshoot menu, select Advanced options.
    7. In the Advanced options menu, click UEFI Firmware Settings.
    8. Click Restart. The system will restart and enter UEFI (BIOS).

Rick_in_ICT likes this.
  2. Addy246

Addy246 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well, I am no expert and have never faced this error. But here is some information that can point you in right direction.

Windows Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows 7, or Windows Server 2008 R2

Random Restarts: Critical Kernel-Power, Event ID 41, Task 63 - Computers - Windows 7

So yeah, it could most likely be your power supply if not faulty hardware. Just check if the power pin is firmly connected to the back of your laptop and isn't breaking the connection. If nothing helps, your only option is to send it back for repair/service, which of course is a pain considering your laptop is brand new. :(

3. Cakefish

Cakefish ¯\_(?)_/¯

Reputations:
    One week, give or take a couple of days. Hype... building!

4. marcos669

marcos669 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The event 41 just tell you about an unexpected shutdown, it doesn´t give the reason of it

5. Praedaedae

Praedaedae Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I did some tests here --> http://forum.notebookreview.com/sager-clevo-reviews-owners-lounges/763159-official-clevo-p650se-sg-p651se-sg-sager-np8651-np8652-owner-s-lounge-208.html#post9856295

enjoy...

6. Sebi97

Sebi97 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Is the fan speed control for the CPU fan only? I think I might purchase this laptop next week. I'm going with the 970m as it just seems like better bang for buck. For $300 less, I get a thinner laptop thats runs 13 degrees cooler. After OC'ing and pasting I expect to match 980m performance with temps under 80.

7. aethelbert

aethelbert Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I think that's a little optimistic, but keep us informed.

8. Sebi97

Sebi97 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I will for sure. I have managed to get my 860m to 870m performance level. I'll just need to get a hold of Prema for a custom BIOS so that I can OC properly :)

9. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    If it is is on rapid start, then if you shut down and power back on it will bypass BIOS/UEFI startup. But just restart your PC from Windows, and then start mashing F2 (i.e. press repeatedly, don't hold) as soon as the screen goes black and it should get you there.

10. mcswift101

mcswift101 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I don't reallly see how it could be the power supply, considering the computer was on nearly full battery at the time (but I'm no expert). I'm going to contact mySN and see what their recommendations are. If I get the same error one more time, I'm definitely sending the computer back. Having been through this before, I know that it's an absolute nightmare trying to figure out what is causing event ID 41. It could be a LOT of different things. I'm just hoping that this happened for some random, non-recurring reason...