*** Official Clevo P65xSA/SE/SG / Sager NP8650/51/52 Owner´s Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Thrall2004

Thrall2004 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Then... I'm sorry for mentioning it ;) I also think it really not an "issue". BUt mine should arrive soon, today, then I will also have a look.

2. mcswift101

mcswift101 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    My time zone is correct and unfortunately turning internet time off doesn't fix the problem.

I doubt this has anything to do with the computer itself. Perhaps some tiny thing went wrong in my Windows install? I dunno. It is a very small thing, but still annoying, for me at least :p

3. Major_Hazzard

Major_Hazzard Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Excellent..I wonder which panel it is. The 3k screen looks good but I'm concerned about scaling. A 1080 ips would be my preference.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

4. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    i thought u went for the sharp panel and not the samsung? that "challenge" focuses on the samsung 4K panel :)

Major_Hazzard likes this.
  5. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    This may be an odd question, but are are you assuming it's DD/MM/YYYY? Or maybe the laptop is configured US style MM/DD/YYYY. It can manage one day change but not one month.

Also, if you have to, disconnect power, open the bottom panel, disconnect battery, remove CMOS battery and let it sit for 60 seconds. Hook everything back up, enter BIOS right away and change date.

adampk17 likes this.
  6. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    ha, i was just thinking the same as wingnut @switched format :D

7. wickette

wickette Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    TONIGHT (european time) i will open my (already shipped) 650SG !

For lg users will do a heads up probably before 8pm USA time.

IKAS V likes this.
  8. IKAS V

IKAS V Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    That's great wickette will definetly be looking forward to it and see how good the stock LG IPS screen really is.

9. mcgoktug

mcgoktug Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I purchased P650SE with some upgrades. My Monster is coming. Because Notebook brand is really Monster :D

MONSTER® TULPAR T5 V4.1 15.6" - MONSTER NOTEBOOK > TULPAR

Intel® Core i7-4710HQ / 16GB DDR3L 1600Mhz RAM / Nvidia GeForce GTX970M 3GB GDDR5 / 1080p IPS Matte Led Panel / 120GB Kingston M.2 Sata SSD / 750GB WD Slim 5400RPM HDD / Intel Wireless-AC 7265 Dual Band 2x2

wickette and flamy like this.
  10. mcswift101

mcswift101 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Never hurts to check, but it definitely wasn't that. I just got fed up and decided to do a complete reinstall of Windows. All is fine now. I have no idea what the source of the problem was or if there was an easy fix for it, but oh well.

But hey, now I have another problem. Great :p The laptop just randomly turned itself off with no warning. It was on AC and at nearly full battery. All I was doing was writing this forum post with nothing significant running in the background. As expected, Error ID 41 Kernel-Power is in the Windows Event Log.

This is the last thing I need :( I had a recurring problem with a faulty power supply in a desktop a while back. I REALLY hope this isn't something similar. Is there any good reason why that would happen? I don't see how that could be anything but a bad sign.

Any ideas? :( Man, I really don't want to have to return this thing.

I'm guessing a bunch of stability tests would be a good idea at the very least? Any recommendations?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014