*** Official Clevo P65xSA/SE/SG / Sager NP8650/51/52 Owner´s Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    That or kingston impact are the fastest but decent 1866mhz ram will offer all the performance if you still have other areas such as storage to improve.

flamy and Liber8 like this.
  2. Darkinstar

Darkinstar Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I'm confused wether I should buy windows or not.

I already own a legitimate copy of Windows 8 OEM System Builder Kit which I used for my desktop when I first built it. I can't seem to find out anywhere if I can use this same copy on another computer (ie: the P650SG).

If it is possible for me to use on another computer, would there be any problems since then both my desktop and laptop would have the same license key?

3. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    OEM System Builder can only be used on one PC at a time, and usually only one PC period, so once you ditch that desktop you need a Windows license.

4. alaskajoel

alaskajoel Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Wingnut is correct.

OEM versions of Windows are identical to Full License Retail versions except for the following:

- OEM versions do not offer any free Microsoft direct support from Microsoft support personnel

- OEM licenses are tied to the very first computer you install and activate it on

- OEM versions allow all hardware upgrades except for an upgrade to a different model motherboard

- OEM versions cannot be used to directly upgrade from an older Windows operating system

5. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Even retail keys can only be used one at a time, only enterprise editions can be used on multiple computers.

6. Sebi97

Sebi97 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Just wait for tpb to go back up ;)

7. kingyr

kingyr Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey all,

Threw up some new pics. Took some of the outside, had a quick peek on the inside, bottom cover and some quick viewing angles of the 3k screen (WQHD+ / EDP IPS PRO PANASONIC - VVX16T020G00).

P650SG pics

8. tfast500

tfast500 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Wow that screen looks amazing! And thanks for all the pics! Looks thicker than I thought it would be tho :( but I can't wait none the less to get mine!

9. aethelbert

aethelbert Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I just got mine an hour ago and I have to say that it does seem thicker than I expected, it's still much thinner in practice than my old P157SM.

It's noticeably thicker than my Razer Blade 14 and the MSI Ghost Pro, but it's easily manageable. That front edge where my wrists 'rest' is much nicer on the hand than a Macbook Pro or Razer Blade. I'm still breaking it in, but if I find myself with nothing to do I can see myself going to the effort for a review.

tfast500 likes this.
  10. Ningyo

Ningyo Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Nice pictures, thanks. So the fans are similar thickness and size, but they added a strip of radiator fins to the bottom of the heat-pipes. That should help cool it a lot.

Now come on Mythlogic update your site with a more definite time hehe, this waiting is killing us. (And yeah I know you are probably waiting to actually get them, or something reasonable like that, still tough waiting on a long pre-order like this.)

adampk17 likes this.