*** Official Clevo P65xSA/SE/SG / Sager NP8650/51/52 Owner´s Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Oct 13, 2014.

1. ldkv

ldkv Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    At last can get my hands on the this P650SE after a long wait. It arrived at my local post office 1 week ago but I got a final exam to take so I had to leave it there until today. That feeling when your beauty was there right before your eyes but you cannot touch it, arrghh :(

My laptop came from One.de and I am quite pleased with it. The screen was not IPS and I could tell the difference from the one on my W230ST right away. Unfortunately my budget is quite tight so I guess I have to make do with this screen for now.

To my surprise, the laptop came with a 7265 Intel wifi card and a fingerprint reader even though it was not advertised on the website (7260 for the Intel card). However I could not figure how to get the fingerprint to work. I installed the fingerprint driver but nothing happened. Have anyone got it to work ?

2. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    We don't know that yet. There is no vBIOS mod that lets us clock past the +135MHz limit, and don't know how much voltage is required to meet stock 980m speed. A +135MHz GPU clock and vRAM @ 6000MHz resulted in performance < 10% that of a stock 980m without any voltage bump. It may be possible to reach 980m speeds with stock voltage, and with temps in the low 70's for the most part, should have plenty of headroom for temps. But I'm certain the 980m will blow the 970m OC out of the water with any overclock and the 256-bit bus.

I prefer StartisBack but there's lots of options out there.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
    tfast500 and heibk201 like this.
  3. edwardamin13

edwardamin13 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Same order! Haha except I won't replace the screen since I will be using external anyway. 19th is the day it arrived at sager facility right?

Also how do I check my current laptop's screen model?

tfast500 likes this.
  4. Kerune

Kerune Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Are there a lot of people on the Dec. 19th waiting bus? Never had a gaming laptop before, and the highest desktop card I've had is a 560 ti. The wait is killing me.

tfast500 and danisrael like this.
  5. Praedaedae

Praedaedae Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I just installed the driver and then followed the manual : create a password for your account,reboot and set the fingerprint. It's in PC-settings. It's working good for me btw.

ldkv likes this.
  6. Praedaedae

Praedaedae Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I used HWinfo64. It will state the monitor model

edwardamin13 likes this.
  7. omer.sak

omer.sak Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Man, the P650SG is so tempting with its price and all at pro-star.com - but I'm forced to look away as they don't offer global warranty. Will have to stick with the P35X or the GS60 in that case, but damn.

8. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    no clevo reseller in your location, omer.sak?

9. Liber8

Liber8 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Can u check the panel connector with HWinfo64? I hope it is the right one, so i can install a IPS screen myself.

Thanx :)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One met Tapatalk

10. omer.sak

omer.sak Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    None, in Saudi Arabia, I'm afraid!

I've always had to avail the warranty for every notebook I've owned so I guess it's too risky to give in to the temptation.