*** Official Clevo P65xSA/SE/SG / Sager NP8650/51/52 Owner´s Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Oct 13, 2014.

1. tfast500

tfast500 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Start8 is your friend

adampk17 and Dabeer like this.
  2. danisrael

danisrael Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anyone know the difference between Xotic's display options for the 8651 and the 8652? What brand is on the 8652?

8651 - Anti-Glare Matte-Type Sager IPS Screen (1920x1080) (LG Brand) (SKU - S2K003)

8652 - Super Clear Matte Type Sager IPS Screen (SKU - SSC878)

Thanks!!

3. xlr8in

xlr8in Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey guys,
    First off nice informative thread! I am ready to pull the trigger on a 8651 or 8652 but have a couple reservations.

1) the chassis on the 8652 is a smidge thicker right (4mm?) than the 8651?
    2) Will surfing and doing powerpoints/word documents between both models get the same battery life? (I assume yes since the cards have optimus...)
    3) Lastly, I will be using the laptop extensively for school. I had a surface pro 3 which I sold and I have had retina macbooks. If I am reading and working a lot with text/pdfs and powerpoints etc will getting the 4k screen be "easier" on my eyes or will it be negligible from 1080p? (The cost doesnt bother me but no sense in paying for something that will not effect me.)

Thanks in advance for your input!

4. kingyr

kingyr Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I can confirm this, it is JUST under 29mm and the footing (separate to chassis size) on the bottom is 5mm (rear) and 3mm (front). If my calipers came in the mail already I would measure with pics.

Now saying that, its still slim as opposed to the P150EM I own, big difference, the rear of that was over 50mm, not including its feet.

5. xlr8in

xlr8in Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yeah, that is quite the difference! I used to have a m17x r4 and that was huge. I also had a Asus g551 (@33mm), I found it too thick! Then purchased and returned a gs60 ghost pro (20mm?) --> The size of that was better but was not a fan of the tacky dragon logo and fans were really loud even while playing dota 2 which is not that intense relative to some others. Also felt it was priced a bit high.

Either way looking forward to this sexy p650!

6. aethelbert

aethelbert Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Not to mention the fans at idle were a little loud. They weren't bad, but having them vent on the top side certainly didn't help the noise.

7. weav

weav Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I've ordered the 8652 from Xotic and will let you know what screen it has when it arrives. I have a LTN156HL01-102 sitting here as well - it made it here before the laptop. Will let you know which is better. I plan to keep this laptop a long while so I guess it will pay off to have two screens at my disposal.

8. m033dkhan

m033dkhan Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Finaaaally...my NP8651 has arrived!!! Looks really good...solid built...installing windows and drivers. ..can't wait to test some games on this beast... :)

tfast500 and flamy like this.
  9. tfast500

tfast500 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Haha same! Exact order and screens. I purchased the Samsung screen right before they started offering all the IPS displays... Now I ordered from XOTIC who has the IPS by default... I may just wait for you to review ;p before switching it out... 19th couldn't come any slower :( I hope it is EDP 30 pin so we don't have an extra but incompatible screen

edwardamin13 likes this.
  10. danisrael

danisrael Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks Weav, I am waiting for my order at Xotic to change from the 8651 to the 8652, I figured for the small price increase it was worth it to have the 980m and 4720HQ.

tfast500 likes this.