*** Official Clevo P65xSA/SE/SG / Sager NP8650/51/52 Owner´s Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Oct 13, 2014.

1. wickette

wickette Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I know that battery boost allows you to limit fps isn't it possible to do the same when battery is plugged in don't want to use afterburner or another program

2. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    Nvidia BatteryBoost won't let you. Just use NvidiaInspector or Afterburner. I know it would be nice to have it in Nvidia control panel. Maybe put in a request with Nvidia, and if enough of us do they will do that. I don't see why they couldn't.

3. Dabeer

Dabeer Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Nice! I'm almost disappointed that I didn't wait, now... but then again, it's probably that 35ms response time panel, and I'll probably be happier with the PLS panel, assuming there's no dead pixels, of course.

4. Retron

Retron Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I had a phone call from PCS yesterday - apparently Clevo is having problems with the 4870HQ processor in the P650SG, so they're not going to be available for the foreseeable future. A change to the 4710HQ was the only option.

5. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    That's not horrible news, the 4870 is just a heat generator unless you really really *NEED* the Iris Pro 5200...

6. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    that makes me glad that i cancelled my SG order, although its generally still crappy news, since more config options is always a nice thing to have...

7. Major_Hazzard

Major_Hazzard Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So what screen did you go for? The 3k or the 1080 TN?

8. Dudubrdx

Dudubrdx Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    If anyone is interested I heard back from bytesatwork.be ( Belgium, ship internationally) and they confirmed they have IPS displays.The 4K is not available as an option yet.

9. TomJGX

TomJGX I HATE BGA!

Reputations:
    In a sense, I don't think this is a bad thing.. Just look at the issues the Gigabyte P35 is having with the 4710HQ and its even worse with the 4860HQ... Honestly, if you feel inhibited with the 4710HQ, you can always get the older clevos with the socketed processors like 4810/4910MQ...

10. tfast500

tfast500 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I haven't ordered my laptop yet... I have ordered an ips screen in anticipation tho... Haha just my luck now I'll have two IPS displays... O well I guess.