*** Official Clevo P65xRS(-G), P65xRP6(-G) / Sager NP8153(-S), NP8152(-S) Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by HardCore88, Aug 18, 2016.

1. hfaz63

hfaz63 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    hey guys

I have a bizarre issue with my Sager NP8153-S (Clevo P650RS-G) laptop. By mistake, I installed a Samsung external display driver on my laptop which totally messed my G-SYNC enabled laptop display. I believe my display model is LP156WF6 but after installing that nasty Samsung driver my display is detected as Digital flat panel(1024x768 60Hz) and I only have a black screen while I run the laptop in Hybrid mode. Intel HD graphics run into problems in this mode and I have to use an external HDMI display to have a screen to use the laptop(using Nvidia 1070). If I put the laptop in Discrete mode, Windows display hangs after a few seconds when I log in and G-SYNC feature of the display is not detected in Nvidia control panel. Nvidia 1070 seems to be totally messed up in this mode. Please help me. I want to restore the monitor to its original full functionality. I wonder how these settings were totally wiped by that Samsung Monitor driver. I have attached some pictures below. Please advise...

Attached Files:

2. bk109

bk109 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Have you tried to either roll back the changes (via System Restore) or by just deleting the flat panel driver (with the "remove driver" option checked?)?

3. hfaz63

Reputations:
    My laptop was functioning normally until I installed a Samsung display driver on my laptop mistakenly. I was booting to a black screen on Intel GPU (Hybrid mode) due to corrupted display EDID. Laptop monitor changed from LP156WF6 to non-pnp 1024x768. I used the laptop for 7 days by attaching a Samsung display to it by HDMI port.Then, I tried to boot ubuntu 18.04 on the laptop by USB drive but it showed a message about EDID being empty. After I restarted the laptop, it does not even boot anymore. Monitor turns on but no display, even the SAGER splash screen when computer turns on is gone.I can do a Cmos reset by pressing FN+ D during power-on but it does not help. I disconnected the battery for 5 minutes but nothing changed. I am totally out of hope now. I used to at least be able to use the laptop with an external display but now nothing works. I am not sure what is really wrong with it now....Is there anything i could do to fix it? The laptop is out of warranty so Sager is not helping..I am writing this on a Raspberry Pi device I had at home....Please help me if you can...I will pay for your help.....Please :confused:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  4. hfaz63

Reputations:
    Yes I did all that but unfortunately the EDID on the laptop display was corrupted...

5. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Remove the panel and run on external for now?

6. Nikodemus82

Nikodemus82 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Anyone have any experience tweaking the BIOS with Prema? I’ve never had Prema BIOS and have never messed with the settings. Could use a guide or video if anyone knows of one.

I was trying to undervolt the CPU to keep it cooler and couldn’t find the setting for it. Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. bk109

bk109 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Just use Throttlestop in Windows - that way if you get too aggressive with the undervolt, you can still boot back up to a working system without having to deal with a BIOS reset. The other upside for going that route is that you can fine tune the undervolt (via profiles that get auto-loaded) for battery and mains power.. or even gaming vs normal usage (ie I've noticed that a couple of games may have issues with my normal undervolt, but are fine with a -115mV one). Here's a handy guide on how to get things set up and then have them autostart with Windows.

8. FredSRichardson

FredSRichardson Notebook Groundsloth

Reputations:
    Hey All! Well, I'm on year 5 of this laptop which has not at all let me down! However, I am starting to get some "sticky keys" - that is keys that don't respond to the first press but I need to hammer a bit on to get them to work (the "d" key is definitely problem) and some of the plastic key caps have worn off.

Anyone have a pointer on how to enact repairs? I checked out "laptopkey.com" but I would not use them without a strong recommendation and I don't even know if the keys really need to be replaced or just carefully cleaned. Any pointers would be great!

9. bk109

bk109 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    On the cleaning front - you can carefully remove the caps and wipe them and the mechanism with a bit of isopropyl alcohol to remove the grime to help with the key travel. The problem is that at the best of times, the mechanism is a tad hard to remove and relatively brittle (which should only get worse after 5 years of wear and tear) so be prepared for breakage. The alternative is to go my route and just get a replacement keyboard module if you can find it for a decent price(30 quid from my Clevo reseller back in late '19) when an "unfortunate" combination of Dave Chappelle's comedy and some coffee caused my entire upper right corner of the keyboard (the top 3 rows of the numpad) to stick. Just be careful if you go that route, because there are several interchangeable keycap and backlight types, so double check before ordering (and that's excluding the obvious differing layouts) :D

Papusan likes this.
  10. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    At that sort of price a replacement makes more sense.