*** Official Clevo P65xRS(-G), P65xRP6(-G) / Sager NP8153(-S), NP8152(-S) Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by HardCore88, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Did you have G-Sync?

2. roraiamfilho

roraiamfilho Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    No, my previous screen hasn´t G-Sync.

I contacted the vendor complaining abou the issues that I identified on the screen. They are willing to replace the panel for a 120hz one. I asked if they have more information regarding the panel, but they didn´t. What kind of vendor does not now what they are selling? Never mind. I requested the screen replacement once again. Let´s see what I will got with the new screen one.

I will update when I have news.

Best regards

3. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    That sucks, the information is printed on the back of the panel though.

roraiamfilho and Papusan like this.
  4. roraiamfilho

Reputations:
    Hey dear friends. Just an update here.

My laptop just came home again S2
    The vendor replaced the panel without extra cost. Just checked the panel with AIDA64. The new panel is a CMN N156HHE-GA1
    Well, it's not a LG, but, at least, i can't see any change of color or refreshing stripes. It's a 120hz panel.
    Now, I am wondering. This 120hz panel drain my battery very fast. Before, with the original one, I have used to got around 5 hours on battery doing work like navigating 10+ chrome tabs, PDFs, office package (with undervolting). Now, I can barely reach 3 hours with this new panel. Is there a way to "force" a 60hz refresh rate on this monitor?? I tried to use the windows native display settings, but there ir only one frequency allowed, the 120hz.

Can someone indicate a forum or something that I can go and learn how to do an "underrefresh rating?

Thanks in advance

5. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Check the Intel driver panel or Nvidia panel.

6. roraiamfilho

Reputations:
    I tried both, but there is only 120hz option, even after updating drivers.

I found something related to Custom Resolution Utility (CRU). Have anyone tried or known something about?

It looks like a utility that allows a lot of customization for screens (resolution, scaling, frequency...). I will read a little bit more before trying something.

7. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Yes that can be used to create another step. Going down in refresh rate is pretty safe.

8. ohanesburger

ohanesburger Newbie

Reputations:
    Is there still anybody in the forum? What are your idle temperatures?

9. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    How idle? What are your temps?

Idle is very tricky to measure comparitively.

10. ohanesburger

ohanesburger Newbie

Reputations:
    Well I mean, just in windows, nothing specially, even chrome or something else is closed..

The problem is, I am cleaning the fans and changing the thermal paste like every year (with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut). A week ago, I did the cleaning as usual, but this time, temperatures increased. I made everything as I did before. After that I got ~45°C CPU idle, and ~50°C GPU as idle (I am using only GTX 1070, iGPU is disabled). I suspected myself and disasembled the cooler again to check the thermal paste. It was looking good (not much nor less, contact points traces were as it should be), but because I openened, I repasted it. Now even worse, GPU is ~60°C, CPU is ~48-50°C. Under load (like RDR2, or kombustor stress test), GPU reachs ~94°C and clock frequencies getting unstable.

If I turn on the full fan speed (fn+1), it is reducing just 3-5°C in idle. Yesterday, I figured out that if I take off the back cover, all temperatures are going well again. Without the cover but laptop is on the table (so no special airflow), idle GPU ~46°C, CPU ~40°C which looks really fine but as I said without cover. In game, never reached 75°C and stress test with kombustor max 81°C (15 min) in this condition and clocks were stable. If I put back the cover, idle temps jump through to 55-60°C immediately and with full load GPU is reaching 95-96°C. I am just trying to find the root cause, otherwise, I am only able to use the laptop only without the cover in order to get it cool. By the way, the cover is undamaged. Never bended, cracked and etc... nothing, it is still like new. I am always using the laptop on the table. nothing can cause to break or damage.

I remember that, last summer with 30-35°C ambient temperature, PC was working really cool. I made a comparison with my cousin's MSI and my PC's temperatures were 40°C CPU, 42°C GPU at August where he had 60°C.

I opened the pc just to write this message, and here is the results:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021