*** Official Clevo P65xRS(-G), P65xRP6(-G) / Sager NP8153(-S), NP8152(-S) Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by HardCore88, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Papusan

Papusan TURDBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
  2. Andrew Soul

Andrew Soul Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Papusan likes this.
  3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    You can take an image backup first. Does it also do it both dedicated and hybrid modes? Were you on the last firmware version?

4. Andrew Soul

Andrew Soul Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thank you for the suggestions.

Currently I do not have time to install new Windows (on a new Partition or by replacing my current Windows). And I am not sure that it will help - because with old driver everything works as expected. Issue happens only with new drivers.

I am running exclusively in dedicated mode.

I am using the firmware version that Sager provided me last year when I had some issues and had to RMA.
    Not sure if it is the last one or not. What version is the latest?

Also I am discussing this issue with Nvidia Support. It took some time, but currently this issue was escalated to Tier 2. I will keep you updated on progress.

Attached you can see how the issue looks. With new drivers GPU usage is low (in combat sequences goes down to 20-30%), frame times are jumping a lot. With old driver GPU usage is always 98-99% (as it should). Frame times are stable.

Attached Files:

5. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    What does hybrid mode do?

6. FredSRichardson

FredSRichardson Notebook Groundsloth

Reputations:
    So I did a full wipe and reinstall of my system. Hardware is the same and I didn't change any BIOS settings. The odd thing is that I'm getting random re-starts without any BSOD or dump files. This seems to happen when I do something video related. More specifically it seems to happen when I launch a YouTube video from Chrome.

You guys have any thoughts? I'm wondering if there is some Nvidia setting I might have forgotten. I will play around with video mode too (I think I'm currently in Discrete).

7. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Shut offs tend to be power related. Like a VRM tripping due to thermals. Any windows logs in event viewer?

8. FredSRichardson

FredSRichardson Notebook Groundsloth

Reputations:
    Thank you @Meaker@Sager - I will check for that. I switched to hybrid mode and it looks like the intel video drivers needed an update - not sure that would make a difference though. I haven't seen this happen again, but I will get temperature monitoring going again.

9. ToNyDeLaPiNaTa

ToNyDeLaPiNaTa Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey guys,

Do you know if a Prema Bios for the P651RP6 was ever created?

I contacted @Prema about a month ago to find out but he is likely busy.

10. roraiamfilho

roraiamfilho Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi Guys. Some time ago I shared a problem with my screen. Unfortunately, it needed to be replaced.

My vendor here in Brazil did the job of screen replacement. But they were not completely honest with me. They exchanged the original LG screen for a BOE NV156FHM-AW1. The screen looks oversaturated, its too colorful (green is super green, red is super red like my eyes hurt looking to them).
    Other thing I've noticed is the brightness change alones. Looks like the panel is going to shut down and them it brightens again. Not cool to look at.

Has anyone here knows a better screen replacement for this one? I willing to sent the link to my vendor so they can look after that one, since I've have already payed this sh#$% panel.

I apologize if I sounds rude here.

Thanks in advance