*** Official Clevo P65xRS(-G), P65xRP6(-G) / Sager NP8153(-S), NP8152(-S) Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by HardCore88, Aug 18, 2016.

1. mtx0011

mtx0011 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    i've tried that. i also disabled 'USB selective suspend setting', turned off 'fast start up' for Windows 10, tried updating the drivers and tried getting Windows 10 troubleshoot to fix it

2. micmax

micmax Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Have a XMG P 507 (2016) = (Clevo P651RP6-G)

Now that I have updated EC and Bios, I can boot with the GTX 1060 (Bios: Discrete). I am assuming the device has G-sync. However, G-sync does not appear in the Nvidia system panel settings. I installed the latest 2020 driver. Should it be an older one?

My Monitor (HW-Info):
    Monitor Name: LG Philips LP156WF6
    Monitor Name (Manuf): 156WF6 [DELL P/N: 3874Y]
    Monitor Hardware ID: Monitor\LGD046F

That should be the same monitor from the Notebookcheck test (https://www.notebookcheck.com/Test-Schenker-XMG-P507-Clevo-P651RP6-G-Notebook.171275.0.html)
    Screen
    15.6 Zoll 16:9, 1920 x 1080 Pixel 141 PPI, LG Philips LP156WF6 (LGD046F), IPS, 60 Hz, Full HD, G-Sync, spiegelnd: nein

Any help here?
    Thanks.

3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    It has to be a supported combo whitelisted in the specific BIOS. I mean combo it all has to match and be the specific versions.

4. Andrew Soul

Andrew Soul Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I have a strange issue that I am not sure how to resolve.

My GPU usage in some of the games is very low (20-30%) that causes very low performance. It is not bottlenecked by CPU or some other things (V-sync, etc.). Games with this issue - Gears 5, Marvel's Avengers and probably others.

Issue happens on all drivers AFTER 399.24.

399.24 is the last driver that works OK for me.
    I would like to use newer drivers to use all optimizations and also G-sync on my external monitor (that is not supported in 399.24).

I know that it is probably a driver issue, but anyway - any ideas how to fix it so I can use new drivers?

5. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Have you tried a windows re-install?

Papusan likes this.
  6. Andrew Soul

Reputations:
    I tried a clean Windows install the last time I had this issue - when I was playing Gears 5 half a year ago. It did not resolve the issue. I tried a lot of things and the ONLY thing that helped was installing old driver.

Now I have the same issue with Marvel's Avengers. And the ONLY thing that helps is to install old drivers.

The issue may be connected to G-Sync somehow. I think when they started supporting Free-Sync monitors that have changed something and now in some of the games I have low GPU usage. When I look at FPS it looks to be stable low (~20 fps), but when I look at frame times it constantly jumps between 16 and 50. I think this is causing low GPU usage and low FPS.

7. Papusan

Papusan TURDBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Try these steps (replace Dell with your brand and make a minimal/minimum install) http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...-owners-lounge.826831/page-2268#post-11032236

DOWNLOAD: TechPowerUp NVCleanstall 1.7.0

8. Andrew Soul

Reputations:
    Papusan likes this.
  9. Papusan

Papusan TURDBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    I'm not sure what Windows 10 version you have. But have you tried install Win 10 version below what you run or have tried? Windows and Office ISO Download Tool

10. Andrew Soul

Reputations:
    I am using Windows 10 Pro directly from Microsoft. I am always using Windows directly from Microsoft every time I need to re-install it. I am not sure that I want to use Windows installers from some other sources.