*** Official Clevo P65xRS(-G), P65xRP6(-G) / Sager NP8153(-S), NP8152(-S) Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by HardCore88, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
  2. Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The keyboard on my trusty P650RSG is starting to stick on numerous keys. It seems to get better once it's been on for a while and "warmed up".

Is this something I can replace myself? Its well out of warranty. I'm moderately comfortable working inside the laptop, and can certainly identify components, and have swapped out wifi cards etc. I don't own a soldering iron, if that indicates my level of ability ;)

I'm based in the UK, but happy to buy online if a replacement is affordable.

3. baytotheapple

baytotheapple Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    posted this also in the P670R thread but putting it here just in case.

I'm not sure yet but it seems like my graphics card might be starting to fail.

My Sager N8172/Clevo P670RP6 is sometimes rebooting itself at the BIOS screen, rebooting/freezing a few seconds after it loads Windows 10 or freezing before windows 10 loads with a blank screen. I have to keep rebooting to get it to load into Windows 10 correctly. These problems have been around for about a week. It's locked up Starcraft II a once or twice recently also. I did re-paste about two months ago.

I've tried:
    • removing the graphics driver with DDU and reinstalling newest drivers
    • rolling back the most recently installed windows 10 "features" updates
    • latest restore point
    • check for disk errors/defrag
    • run windows 10 startup repair
    • fresh install of windows 10
    • reverting back to the original NVIDIA drivers (seems to make things better but getting dark/flickering screen when applications are doing things)
    It seems to be little better (too early to tell, but Starcraft II isn't locking up), but now that I'm back on the original drivers the screen sometimes goes dark for a second when using different applications. I can see some trailing green dots when this happens. I'm assuming this is because of the old drivers...

Anything else worth trying to fix it? Thanks for any advice.

4. Rebelleader

Rebelleader Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey everyone,

My Sager NP8153(-S) has been acting up lately, and I wanted to share my experience in case anyone has suggestions or prior experiences. I've found that the issue is somewhat repeatable as described below.

If I attempt turn on the laptop with the power adapter plugged in, it will not boot into windows. The laptop will pause at the BIOS Loading Screen and eventually give me the option to repair windows, start in safe mode, restart etc...

If I shut down the computer, unplug the laptop charger, and click the power button to turn it back on, then the computer will successfully boot into windows. I've noticed that once I am in windows, if I plug the charger back in, the computer will normally not immediately restart. However, it will eventually give me a black screen and restart on its own. This happens at a variety of intervals after I plug the charger back in and once I am in Windows (immediately, 5 min, 1 hour, 3 hours etc...). It has restarted in this fashion 10 minutes into just browsing the web and 3-4 hours into a continuous gaming session, so it seems to be all over the place. I have tried to research event ID's on event viewer depending on what I observe around the time of the shutdown, but there typically isn't an error aside from a simple unexpected shutdown error.

This problem began about 3 weeks ago, and I am truly unsure as to what to do.

I have tried the following solutions:

1) Opening and cleaning the laptop.
    2) Changing Windows Power Options to limit CPU max processing to 80%.
    3) Disabling Intel SpeedStep in BIOS.
    4) Changing power outlets for the power adapter.
    5) Updating drivers and Windows.

I am considering running the laptop without the battery and just the charger plugged in to determine if it is an issue with the internal battery.

Thank you for reading. I would greatly appreciate any feedback or additional advice for steps that you think should be taken. I've lurked this forum for awhile and the community's responses have consistently been very informative and helpful for solving minor issues that arise. Alas, I have come out of the shadows to post :).

5. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Sounds like a failing brick to me.

6. st33l

st33l Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    HI guys
    Earlier I had posted about my screen flickering issue ( screen started flickering similar to when you have GPU issues but was working fine through external monitor)

So what happened afterwards is that I left the laptop unused for like 2 weeks decided to just check it and when I turned it on, voila it was working fine as before, but that was short lived , 2 days later same issue was back and I again left the laptop unused for like another 10-12 days

Today i decided to check it again and now the screen is back to normal , no flickering at all
    Right now Im typing from the same laptop wondering how long this is gonna stay like this

Can anyone shed some light on this behavior

sager np8151

@Meaker@Sager

7. mtx0011

mtx0011 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    i'm having a problem with the USB C port connecting to an external hard drive with USB C to USB C cable. before clicking on Windows10 troubleshooting it was recognized as 'unknown USB device (device descriptor request failed' after it's showing up as 'USB attached scsi (uas) mass storage device'. the external hard drive doesn't show up under Disk Management either. i'm not having this problem when i use a USB A to USB C cable with the regular USB port

8. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Missed this, take panel out and check cable, if it still has issues replace the panel.

Do other devices work ok on that port?

9. mtx0011

mtx0011 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    yes. i was using a game controller connected to that port with issue

10. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Try uninstalling the drive in device manager and re-installing it.