*** Official Clevo P65xRS(-G), P65xRP6(-G) / Sager NP8153(-S), NP8152(-S) Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by HardCore88, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Ah the good old upgrade itch, my old friend :)

2. Alfly

Alfly Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi everyone,

I recently bought a P650RS-G.
    I am afraid the guy changed the vbios. The bios version is the last one, so i think he touched both.
    The issue is the behaviour of the GTX1070 is really strange. I got "Code 43" in the devices manager.

Any idea?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  3. squee666

squee666 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    sounds more like driver issues

try some of the solutions here
    https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...p-windows-10-how-i-solved-the-code-43-error-/

you cant change the vbios without an spi flasher on the pascal series one of the reasons i aint tried patching my vbios for more power draw

4. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    That or the chip is potentially dead.

5. Alfly

Alfly Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I did already. It looks like the card can't get enough power.

I did a clean w10 install, the problem is still here.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
  6. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    The power delivery is certainly enough to run stock unless there is a fault.

7. joaomconde

joaomconde Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    hi guys, doesn anyone have a good fan table to use with OBSIDIAN fan control software? I cant seem to tweak it properly

8. elTorres

elTorres Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, Anyone with a Clevo P65RP6-G and a GTX 1060 Mobile ???

Trying to update the firmware on my graphics card I used a version for a different subsystem, which has caused the newest Nvidia drivers to return error 43.

I was stupid enough to not save a backup of the original vBIOS, so now I can't restore it since all I find are for the ID 10DE 1C60 and subsystem 10DE 0000, but my subsystem is 1558 6A03.

Please, would there be anyone with that same card as I who could upload a backup of their vBIOS?

nvflash shows this information:

Adapter: GeForce GTX 1060 (10DE,1C60,1558,6A03) H:--:NRM S:00,B:01,D:00,F:00​

I have tried to request the vBIOS from Nvidia, Clevo and the store, but they all tell me that they either don't have it or that it is included in the system BIOS, but I have installed all the BIOS updates and none of them contain vBIOS for the graphics card, so they don't modify anything.

Thanks in advance

9. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Have you run the install with driver signing disabled? Any particular reason you were flashing a vbios from a different system?

10. elTorres

elTorres Newbie

Reputations:
    The problem is not with the digital signature of the drivers, as the drivers are installed correctly, but if they are newer than version 378.92, the graphic does not work and the device return error 43. It seems that this is due to the fact that from the indicated version onwards, Nvidia implemented some validation of the matching between vBIOS and the real hardware.

And about the reason that led me to install a different version of vBIOS than mine, it was to see if it fixed a recurrent error that I have when I start the laptop with an external monitor plugged in, since in that case, the intel graphics card does not work until I reboot it again with the external monitor unplugged. I had already tried with all the manufacturer's versions for the system BIOS, to reinstall Windows from 0 and different versions of Nvidia and Intel drivers, but none of that solved that error. Also, I read somewhere that as long as I used a vBIOS from the same manufacturer and model nothing would happen, and that the subsystem didn't matter, so I used a more modern version of the same Clevo card, same RAM, same Device ID. Actually, the only difference is the Subsystem ID and everything points that it doesn't work with the new drivers because Nvidia doesn't want it to work, but not because there is a real hardware problem.

My big fault was not making a backup of the vBIOS, which I usually do...