*** Official Clevo P65xRS(-G), P65xRP6(-G) / Sager NP8153(-S), NP8152(-S) Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by HardCore88, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Have you taken out all but one ram stick (ie no wifi, no hdd etc)?

roraiamfilho likes this.
  2. roraiamfilho

roraiamfilho Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    What you mean? Tried to get it on without any device connected? No. Is the laptop able to boot to bios without ssd?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

3. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Yes, all computers can bios boot without storage. All you need is a stick of ram.

roraiamfilho likes this.
  4. roraiamfilho

Reputations:
    I should have tried this forum before sending my laptop to RMA. It's under analisys today. When they complete the analisys I will be back here to share.

Thanks for the hint.

5. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Well fingers crossed it's something simple.

6. roraiamfilho

Reputations:
    Hi guys, just a feedback. RMA just get back to me. They said they cleaned the memos connectors (I have done that before sending the laptop to then) and they reset the bios. And the problem was solved.
    Is it possible? Just a bios reset solved the problem? How to proceed to reset the bios? Anyone knows?

Thanks. Now I have I'll have a laptop for more three years at least.

7. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
  8. roraiamfilho

Reputations:
    Memory stick (the ram)

9. EverlastingTilt

EverlastingTilt Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello, I've owned a p650rs for close to 3 years now, and the machine has been relatively solid for the time period. Though, recently I've been having issues with the laptop, the most prominent ones being unable to install the Windows 1903 update, and Nvidia driver updates failing to install even after uninstalling the older ones with DDU. Even utilizing the windows repair utilities such as dism and sfc failed to fix the problem, so I suspected that the current Windows installation had somehow gotten corrupted.

I did a fresh install of Windows while taking care to prevent the OS from installing generic drivers from windows update, and doing a restart whenever necessary after installing the oem ones. Sometime after installing/updating the drivers and updating Windows, the system started booting erratically with the boot logo and the loading animation stretching out and flickering across the screen. I was able to reach the login screen and had control of my touchpad, but only for a few seconds and then entire system just freezes.

This behavior continued to happen even after attempting to reinstall windows from scratch forgoing some of the less important drivers, such as the Intel rapid storage one.

In order to rule out the possibility of a bios issue I decided to update it with the provided files through here https://download.schenker-tech.de/package/xmg-p507/

For context I've previously had the 1.05.08 bios and the 1.05.05TR ec from XMG and I double checked the version numbers and the video card information listed in the newer link since the files from www.mysyn.de are no longer accessible.

The ec flashed without any issues, but after successfully flashing the bios the laptop then refused to post even after doing the fn + d + power button press routine to clear the cmos.

This was when I realized that the bios I flashed was likely from a newer model that comes with the i7 7700HQ processor instead of the 6700HQ.

The keyboard is still functional and the fans respond to the fn + 1 press. The light indicator for the harddisk flashes when attempting to boot, but only for a short while, and the usb ports still appear to be functional. The screen does power on when booting, but is completely black, so any other feedback I can get from the machine is extremely limited.

I've tried reading up on a concept utilizing a bios flash bind, but information as to how to attempt this with through usb is difficult to find.

Is there any procedure that can be done to restore function to the display and to perhaps undo this terrible mistake I've made. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

10. To2Kool2

To2Kool2 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Do I need thermal pads to do the whole heatsink if I want to just repaste the CPU for my p670rs-g? And I'm guessing the p670rs is using the same heatsink as the p650rs?