*** Official Clevo P65xRS(-G), P65xRP6(-G) / Sager NP8153(-S), NP8152(-S) Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by HardCore88, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Andrew Soul

Andrew Soul Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    What can you do using PremaBios? Can you increase Power Limit for GPU?

2. FredSRichardson

FredSRichardson Notebook Groundsloth

Reputations:
    This is a really good question - and I will leave up to other more knowledgeable folks to answer in detail. The one thing I think might be true is that the Prema BIOS unlocks a bunch of things you probably don't want to mess with on this laptop simply because the CPU/GPU probably can't handle certain settings as well as their desktop counterparts. The BIOS I got I think is the same one used on the higher end HIDevolution EVOC/CLEVO models with desktop CPUs (and GPUs...) so I intend to proceed with a huge dose of caution.

Still, I'm a gear head and I love the idea of everything being unlocked even if it means I can fry my laptop to a cinder lol. Installing the Prema BIOS was really just fulfilling the initial expectation that this HIDevolution laptop would have the Prema BIOS (and that was a selling point after all even if it doesn't make complete sense in retrospect).

Honesty, the BIOS I had before I believe unlocked pretty much everything you would want to tweak on this laptop. My gut feeling is that the Prema BIOS unlocks more giving you more rope to hang yourself, but I could be wrong. At some point I will have to actually understand a bit what is there and what I can safely mess with.

roraiamfilho likes this.
  3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Just go slow with any tweaking.

FredSRichardson likes this.
  4. FredSRichardson

Reputations:
    Now that is some solid advice! Yes, I will definitely proceed with caution. I love this laptop, but the components can only do so much!

5. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Are you trying to push it or reach a new 24/7 state?

6. FredSRichardson

Reputations:
    I'm pretty risk averse - so I would be happy with a good but stable 24/7 state.

7. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    What are set to at the moment?

8. FredSRichardson

Reputations:
    Let me get back to you on that. I haven't changed anything since the Prema BIOS was installed so I assume I am getting his defaults. I have noticed that my fans are behaving much better (last random blasting) but I'm not sure what the change might have been.

9. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    That can be a change to the hysteresis value to make it smoother.

10. roraiamfilho

roraiamfilho Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi guys, I followed the topic since the beginning (2016), when I decided to buy this amazing laptop.
    Now, three year latter, I couldn't follow the hole topic (sorry if I am been stupid here).
    But I have a question. My laptop just died. I mean, I can't get video anymore. The laptop starts, the lights get on (keyboard and LEDs incators of battery, and power on). But the laptop don't initialize. I can't even get to boot menu, or bios setup. The laptop starts, the lights gets on, and after 45 seconds, shutdown and try to start again. It keeps in this loop and don't initialize.
    Is it sign that the laptop is dead, and a motherboard replacement is necessary?
    Have anyone had this issue?
    Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk