*** Official Clevo P65xRS(-G), P65xRP6(-G) / Sager NP8153(-S), NP8152(-S) Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by HardCore88, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Prema BIOS files are not publically available.

2. dingausmwald

dingausmwald Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    And that is really sad. Earlier it seemed possible when you contacted prema directly through this forum or his page, for people with no prema partner reseller in their country. Nowadays there is no chance to get your hands on a prema bios when you're not willing to risk your warranty or shipping for months in case of warranty issues when you are not living in... i believe clevocenter.eu in Portugal is the only prema partner in Europe. I do not want anything for free, i would pay his work of course. Sign a contract to not share his work. No problem asswell.

A clear statement if prema has changed his way of spreading his work to only via prema partners or not is hard to find, so theres still this little bit of hope people like me do have. If there is any chance, tell me how. If there is not, tell me too.

Not publicly available could still mean there is a way signing a contract, joining a club or stuff which would be fine for me. Thinking about a one-time support check from sager via remote for example, including driver and bios updates, performance checks and so on.

If i would have known that there will be no prema bios for me without a prema partner at the time a bought this laptop i wouldn't have bought it. But earlier this thread everybody just told us to wait for it..

3. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    You can @Prema on here and wait for a response, he comes along every so often.

4. dingausmwald

dingausmwald Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    i wrote him a year and a half ago through his website. Wrote a pm a month ago. Seems like he doesn't like my nickname. I do not want to annoy anybody. Anyway, thank you.
    Still a mystery for me, this prema bios

5. Chippers

Chippers Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi all, hope this is the right thread for my model (P670RS-G). I'm having some issues with the fan control using Clevo Control Center (5.0001.0.98), which as far as I'm aware is the latest available the model. The custom fan speed option does not work at all, in that no matter what settings I set for it the fan does not turn on, and the automatic option sets the RPM way too high for the temperature of the laptop (seems to be a constant 80% speed or something, despite temps being below even 45..).

From what I've seen, there have been issues with bad fan curves on Clevo laptops. Were these ever fixed?

Cheers.

6. taraquin

taraquin Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anyone tried upgrading to fast ram and activating XMP? I currently have 2x4gb 2133cl15 which I run at 2400cl14. That improved performance at 1080p medium in ROTTR with about 15%. In Divinity 2 and SOTTR I get quite a bit of microstuttering and I see they constantly use 8000mb og ram. I consider upgrading to Kingston 2x8gb 2666cl15 and perhaps tune a bit further. Anyone tried? Hope its compatible with my motherboard.

7. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    It's beyond intel spec but not silly high speed so should work.

taraquin likes this.
  8. nxtgencowboy

nxtgencowboy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have the exact same issue with my laptop.. Seems these laptops were abandoned.

9. Adobo9

Adobo9 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Unfortunately, I don't think there is much support.

This is has been my worst financial decision by far, this unit sucks ass (obviously my own experience and opinion).

Got nothing but problems with this machine, and no amount of RMA's and tweaking values, I've been able to fix my machine and make it playable. Constant crashes, yay...

This was my biggest regret, I thought I was getting a beast of a machine as my graduation gift, and here I am nearly 2 years later with a machine that can't play high end games without hard crashing.

I should have went with a desktop... Oh well, live and learn. This will definitely go down as something I regret, hopefully everyone out here thinks twice about purchasing a machine like this.

10. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    I know it's no consolation but that is the outlier, I'm sorry your reseller could not get it fixed properly.