*** Official Clevo P65xRS(-G), P65xRP6(-G) / Sager NP8153(-S), NP8152(-S) Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by HardCore88, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Adobo9

Adobo9 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi all, I have a LONG history of posts here, and I've run out of options on what to do. A while back, I purchased from Eurocom a p650rs-g for my first big gaming laptop. Over the course of over a year, I've had a plethora of issues. Mostly, games would crash, these games such as PUBG, fornite and now more recently Apex. Here is my latest Support Request from them.

"Hello, this is a follow-up from my previous requests #44770.

The latest update was that I had sent in my device for an RMA, and it was determined that I required a repaired/replaced motherboard.

It was returned to me after stress tests had determined that it was running stable.

Unfortunately, I am sad and extremely dissapointed to note that games are STILL hard crashing my computer, i.e. no BSOD, just hard crashing.

For light games such as League of Legends and standard browsing, I have never crashed, however as soon as I play games such as PUBG, fortnite, and recently, Apex, I have begun hard crashing.

I was excited at receiving my unit with a new motherboard which I thought would solve my problems, however, still now, I am at a loss as to what it would be.

Talking with you guys, I have tried the new drivers, gotten the newest BIOS, and even returned for an RMA to no avail...

Could it possibly be that I simply have a defective unit? I have gone through every step that I can think of to try and get my unit in working order, however I just no longer have the time and patience.

I know that with this unit's 1070, it should be more than capable of running these higher end games, but it always crashes and I have run out of solutions.

At this point, I would hopefully be able to talk to someone about a replacement/upgrade unit, if you have followed my support history, of #44019, #42867, I have had over a year and a half of the SAME issue and it is just simply not being solved.

I would like to escalate this issue and see what could possibly be done.

Thank you for your time, and thanks for your understanding. "

Since my purchase, I've had to do three support requests and nothing has solved my problems. I really thought for sure that the RMA would fix it (not to mention it seems I probably had a defective unit from the start). I've been nothing but respectful and patient with my clearly defective unit, but now I'm at a crossroads, and I simply don't know what to do anymore.

This support request that I sent in 2 weeks ago, I was told on the 18th of March I would be contacted on Tuesday the 19th. I waited for a week in case there were problems, but after, I had to call them, and I've not been told any information.

Today, I called again, and a representative has told me that nothing new is in the works. On top of that, I was told that they don't do replacements.

The representative mentioned to me that some games such as PUBG, fornite are not working well with the hardware and that their hands are tied. But in my opinion, that is total BS as I've seen multiple posts here saying they have no problems running these games, which is where I am experiencing crashing. This is the most frustrating part for me, I bought a gaming laptop specifically for gaming, and yet I can't even run these games.

Normally, I do not like to put companies on blast, but at this point it is CLEARLY ridiculous how I'm being treated as a customer. @woodzstack , at the time of my purchase had the exact same machine and even helped me out to upgrade my machine. He has been super helpful over this past year and a bit, but he can only do so much. I've complained to him plenty of times, but now I've admitted defeat, and simply accepted my machine is defective. On top of this, if Eurocom won't issue a refund or even a replacement, I've finally run out of options, and thus have decided to write this post.

If three support requests, help from @woodzstack a professional, countless hours spent reading issues on this thread, and even sending in my machine for an RMA do not solve this problem, and my machine STILL not functioning properly not considered defective, I don't know what to say anymore other than to rant here.

So please, if anyone could help me, or if Eurocom could clarify that thought process, I would be so grateful.

My patience is over, I will not deal with this poor customer service any longer, from now on I will be vehement on not recommending Eurocom products, I do not want a SINGLE person to experience what I did.

If I can save a single person from this nightmare situation and headaches, I will be happy.

*EDIT: I will eventually be posting this on the general thread for visibility

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Fo the crashes blue screen?

3. Adobo9

Reputations:
    Hi, apologies if it was unclear, I have mentioned this a few times before, but I must have forgotten it this time.

There are no BSOD, it is only hard crashes. Ie screen freezes and sound goes on loop, often times it'll be BLASTING sound, to the point where it's harmful to my ears.

Additionally, the error I see when going into windows is Event id 41, task 63 which is a kernel critical error however gives me no oh information to diagnose

4. Andrew Soul

Andrew Soul Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Things to try:
    • Run games when laptop is not connected to Power Supply
    • Down-clock CPU and GPU and try
    • If you have several memory sticks for RAM - remove all of them and try to use only 1. Try in different slot, try different stick.
    • Try to use different SSD/HDD. Try to connect to different port.
    • Try to use other OS or other clean OS. You can make a multi-boot system with different OSes. You can have 2 Windows 10 and Windows 7 at the same time for example (use official clean installers from Microsoft - you can use them legally for evaluation purposes)
    • Try to unplug everything from Laptop
    • Try resetting BIOS to default
    • Try resetting VBios to default - instructions should be somewhere here

Castor Matze likes this.
  5. Adobo9

Reputations:
    Hi, thanks for the exhaustive list

I have not tried running games while it is disconnected, not surely what this would solve, a possible power supply problem? Any game will drain right away.

I've tried downclocking CPU, not sure about the GPU, how would I do that.

I have not tried, switching different SSD/HDD ports, but again, my problems only arise while gaming ONLY.

I've tried clean installing Windows multiple times, both with their recommended drivers as well as the latest drivers from windows NVIDIA, etc.

I've tried that before as well, can still crash

I've reset the BIOS to default, as well as the latest BIOS.

I've reset the VBIOS beforehand. This did not solve anything

Only thing I haven't really tried is the RAM, but at this point I'm not holding my hopes ever.

I've been experiencing the exact same problem for a year and a half including an RMA, and the problems persist.

Thank you for trying to help though means alot!!

It's super frustrating, because someone who helped me upgrade the parts has their exact same computer and has not had any problems with crashing...

6. south_valhalla

south_valhalla Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Myself and another user here had massive stability issues, that included that freezing and sound stuttering. Our issue was solved by completely removing all the Nvidia drivers and related software, and then never reinstalling the NVIDIA HD audio driver or 3D vision driver. Nvidia, not Realtek HD Audio Driver. Maybe go so far as to do a fresh offline install with the stock drivers, minus the mentioned HD audio/3d vision. I also needed to disable W10 automatic driver updates, and used the Obsidian PC updater to do this but you could Google other solutions. I also had issues with BSOD's when I had undervolted my CPU just a little too much, but setting the undervolt to something like -115 (I think?) helped solve that. I have the latest BIOS and repasted my GPU and GPU with liquid metal, which has done a lot for temps. I hope you can get your machine figured out because I feel your pain man! I had that random crashing/stuttering for over a year, and nothing I tried worked. Figured out the Nvidia sound driver thing a couple months back and its been smooth sailing, and I'll probably keep it for another year or two as the 1070 is still a great GPU.

UPDATES: Made it a little clearer that the issue for me was the Nvidia HD Audio Drivers, not Realtek HD Audio.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  7. Adobo9

Reputations:
    Thanks for the kind words man, it's SO incredibly frustrating i'm actually tearing my head out.

I actually did think of the audio thing, and it might have worked a while ago? I will re-try with uninstalling both 3d vision and HD audio drivers, I had a feeling simply because of the sound loop/stuttering.

As for undervolt, I just completely reset it as that's when I thought it was causing crashing, so it's back at 0, but i did have it around -115 before!

I'll let you know how it works, I don't think I actually uninstalled the HD audio driver previously... So maybe that's something I can try.

8. AJ2.0

AJ2.0 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I've had my system since Oct 2016 and been running pretty high temperatures since then. I consistently cleaned up my fans to tackle the issue and undervolted as well, but that didn't help too much, unfortunately. I reached out to Zoltan and discussed with him about doing a repaste job and he recommended going ahead with it as long as I knew what I was doing. My CPU was originally pasted with Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra paste and GPU had IC Diamond from the HIDEvolution Factory.

So I took my chances and opened up my system, cleaned the insides and the CPU+GPU using the ArctiClean solutions and applied TG Kryonaut on both and put everything back. Using HWInfo, I tracked the temps and noted that idle CPU temp has gone down to 39C (from 47C-52C) while idle GPU temp has gone down to 38C from 45C. I stress tested the system using Rise of the Tomb Raider benchmarks and my CPU hit a max of 63C (down from 87C) while GPU went up to 65C (down from a continuous 90C)!!!

Timbabs123 likes this.
  9. MrGone

MrGone Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys i hope this is the correct spot for this, because i could really use some help.
    I have a Clevo Model #P670RP from Sager with a Gefore GTX 1060, and it's coming up or just over three years old i forget. When i launch certain games or update the video driver at certain times the display just goes black, i still hear everything but just no video, i can also sleep the computer then when i exit sleep mode i can bring the game up from alt tab just fine most of the time this would be a fine work around except that when i do this it kills the headphone jack... so i cannot use voice apps lol, so anyways i know the card works it can play all these games it's just launching them that is an issue. Now i have tried just about everything, every combination of drives from Sager and Clevo and the Obsidian updater. DDU is safe mode, Clean windows and driver installs, running just from the battery vs the ac supply. MSI afterburner shows my GPU is getting plenty of power maxing at 1500 mhz. I have not done anything with the Bios i am not sure if that is an issue or not. I was planning replacing the pads with some new thermal paste but i mean i was just going to do that anyways, my temps are good i think around 85-87c under load so i don;t know if it's so sort of thermal throttling issue. Can i reseat a laptop video card? Should i try moving the ram slots around? I am just plain out of ideas at this point and feeling very frustrated. I wrote Sager and am waiting for them to get back to me, but i think my warrenty is up anyways.

10. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Have you tried downclocking the gpu, DDUing the drivers or a fresh windows install?