**Official Clevo P65xRS(-G), P65xRP6(-G) / Sager NP8153(-S), NP8152(-S) Owner's Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by HardCore88, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Lord Crow

Lord Crow Newbie

Reputations:
    I've been having GPU temp issues in Kingdom Come: Deliverance and I've mostly gotten it under control now with repasting, ThrottleStop, and unclocking the GPU a little bit. Would putting some thermal pads like these on top of the heatsink/pipes help?

2. Andrew Soul

Andrew Soul Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You can also try to lift the bottom of notebook a little bit - it will help with cooling and ventilation.
    Also forcing fans to max may help.
    Another thing that can help - limit you FPS in RivaTuner so that maximum load on GPU is 80-90%. I usually limit all my games to 58 FPS - this way Gsync works correctly and games run very smoothly - much better than when FPS fluctuates from 50 to 100.

3. Lord Crow

Lord Crow Newbie

Reputations:
    I already have it lifted on a NotePal U3 (without the fans) and I've limited FPS to 60 for Kingdom Come. Still hitting 88C which is more than I'd like.

4. Sptz

Sptz Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Question regarding the fan used on the CPU heat sink. Has anyone successfully swapped the fan for another one or are you stuck with this exact model? It just annoys me that whenever CPU usage spikes and it kicks off it's got a slightly whiny pitch to it :/

5. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    I've not heard of anyone swapping it, finding the exact same fit and connector will be challenging to say the least.

6. Andy Lee

Andy Lee Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I will recommend you to show the screen shot CPU and GPU temperature, I am using P650RP6-G, so far i find the CPU and GPU is at the safe temperature, CPU Max - 80c and GPU Max : 75c. Fan profile Auto mode. I find that the noise is in acceptable range about 45db, not like vacuum sound, when play games never crash before i used almost 2 years, and every 6 months i will repaste thermal grease to maintain the temperature from 75c to 80c.

But i have a question, recently i just added two hard drive, Transcend 1 x 240GB M.2 SSD and 1 x 2TB Firecuda 2.5, I find that the bumprest is very hot, even i added the fan cooler and also the M.2 SSD heatsink, the temperature still get high. about idle: 50c and 70c max for Transcend 240GB, and firecuda Idle 35c and 45 max load. anyone having this issue?

7. Andrew Soul

Andrew Soul Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have a HDD under the right arm in notebook. It gets very hot too.

8. Adobo9

Adobo9 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks for the reply. But I have my RMA'd unit back, and it was apparently a mobo issue the entire time. Nothing to do with temps.

Hopefully it stays that way.

9. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    I meant to mention, lift it off the notepal U3, the holes on it are quite restrictive.

10. ccp6128

ccp6128 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi,

I'd like to replace my laptop keyboard (French, white blacklight) by an qwerty one (US, white blacklight). I've asked my reseller if they got some in stock but no answer yet (I'm in Europe). I could probably get one on Aliexpress or Ebay, altough I'm not sure the quality would be good.

Would the keyboard replacement be drop-in our would it require some firmware update (EC perhaps ?).