**Official Clevo P65xRS(-G), P65xRP6(-G) / Sager NP8153(-S), NP8152(-S) Owner's Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by HardCore88, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Galm

Galm "Stand By, We're Analyzing The Situation!"

Reputations:
    I switched from 4k to 120hz on my RS.

AJ2.0 likes this.
  2. AJ2.0

AJ2.0 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Can you please tell me more? Did you do it yourself or did you have to send your system back to the manufacturer to get the panel replaced? Also, what about the pricing? If it doesn't cost an arm and a leg, I might consider going the same route as yourself. If there is a thread post you could point me to regarding this, that would be great and if not, any help would be sincerely appreciated!

3. Adobo9

Adobo9 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Sigh,

hey everyone. So it's been roughly about a year since I bought the p650RS-G model and I've honestly had nothing but problems with it.

It's fine 100% of the time if I'm not gaming, but as soon I start playing games this thing goes to **** unfortunately. I'm guessing it has to do with higher end games because something like PUBG, fortnite, Path Of Exile will crash, it's just a matter of when. And all it does is hard crash my system, not a BSOD, and it gives no good error code that I can debug.

It's event 41, task category 63, "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

I've tried pretty tried much every solution on here, undervolting, reinstalling windows, reverting to previous drivers, I even have the latest BIOS and EC from my reseller and all this does not fix my problems. Is it finally time to just RMA this thing. It's given me so much headache it's not worth the trouble anymore.

On a side note, the crash is basically the laptop hard crashes and a looping sound goes on FULL blast basically destroying my ear if I wear headphones/earphones, so I basically have no idea when it will happen.

I think I should probably just RMA.

4. liviu009

liviu009 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have the same problems as some of you with this laptop, It crashes everytime when I start playing a demanding game or benchmark that use the dedicated gtx 1070. With the lastest GeForce drivers it gives me BSOD with tdr failure in mshybrid or black screen and restart in discrete mode, but with some older drivers the driver just keep crashing and recovers. Sometimes when I gradually increasing GPU load with some older games i can play demanding games for hours without crash, but if I pause the game for a short time and the gpu load decrease, it start crashing again. On the battery I have no issues, only when it's plugged in. I reballed the GPU at a repairing service but with no results. I don't think that the issue is from GPU chipset because it seems that more of this model has this problem. I think it's related with power delivery to gpu, probably the VRM or something. It's out of warraty and I don't know what to do anymore.

5. Adobo9

Reputations:
    **** man, that's unfortunate. I'm hoping to send mine back for an RMA, this is pretty ridiculous. Not many people are experiencing this kind of crash I think, so somewhere along the lines, there's possibly a hardware issue somewhere? It sucks cause we paid top dollar to get these good machines and I have to deal with it crashing and basically not knowing when it will... Honestly I've regretted getting this thing for a while cause I've had nothing but issues when all I wanted to do was play high end games :p

Well, i've sent a support ticket, and hopefully I will get some good news.

6. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    What driver version are you using? Try going back to the stock clevo ones and testing, the latest Nvidia drivers have been putting unnecessary loads on the VRM.

7. Adobo9

Reputations:
    I try to stay up to date, and usually have the latest driver.

I suppose I could always try rolling back to the stock drivers, see what happens. Although not holding my breath, any changes I've made over the past year have been yielding no results.

8. alexwise

alexwise Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Could you monitor your temps and post here?

It might be that the GPU reaches its peak temp of 91C and crashes after a while. I had this with my 1060 but all I had to do was open the laptop, clean fans from dust and repaste. After that, crashes never happened.

9. Adobo9

Reputations:
    Hey, thanks for your input!

But I don't think that's the problem, I've sent in my unit for an RMA, and they cleaned and repasted as well, and crashing still seems to be intermittent.

So I'm guessing there's a hardware problem somewhere involved? Someone mentioned that it's likely a dying GPU or something along those lines.

10. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yes it seems like the most likely hardware culprit @Adobo9