**Official Clevo P65xRS(-G), P65xRP6(-G) / Sager NP8153(-S), NP8152(-S) Owner's Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by HardCore88, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Sptz

Sptz Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I know how to open the chassis, my question was regarding the position of the motherboard's speaker connection. If it's on the underside or upper side of the motherboard

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    It's the keyboard side of the motherboard IIRC.

Sptz likes this.
  3. Andrew Soul

Andrew Soul Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I tried different drivers.
    They work the same for me.

4. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Does changing the Nvidia power mode make a difference?

5. Andrew Soul

Reputations:
    No. Notebook crashes when it tries to use dedicated GPU. It may happen in Skype, Browser, watching movies or anything else GPU related.
    As i have described above - you can make it work OK by gradually increasing GPU load - so it can work OK. Once GPU load is stable and more than 80% - it will work OK. Once GPU load goes below 80% more than for 2 minutes - it will crash :)

I am planning to send it for repairs in the end of Summer. Currently i use it for my work and can not send it away.

6. GeoFrank91

GeoFrank91 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    He means if you are able to, go to Nvidia Control Panel -> 3D settings (I think it’s on the left side) and change power mode or power consumption (can’t remember the exact name but it’s the first option) to a lower power setting such as minimal and see if that makes a difference.

7. Andrew Soul

Reputations:
    This is what i have tried. It does not matter. When you launch a demanding game (or some GPU intensive thing) it will use your GPU to the maximum no matter what mode is selected. Mode matters when you do not use GPU that much - it will slow down, downclock and decrease voltage. In any mode it will have spikes of GPU usage when you do something - so when these GPU spikes happen - it will crash.

Currently i needed to connect external monitor. I was very surprised that i can not use external monitor with only integrated GPU using display port. Without enabled dedicated GPU (that i have problems with) i can not use external monitor via display port.

What interfaces i can use to connect external monitors so they work ONLY using integrated GPU with DISABLED dedicated GPU?

For now i use hybrid mode, down-clocked dedicated GPU to lowest possible (139 MHZ) and it seems to be working OK in office mode.
    For gaming or anything GPU intensive i still need to "prepare" my notebook or it will crash.

8. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    All external outputs are wired to the dedicated GPU. The theory being you will be near an outlet anyway.

9. AJ2.0

AJ2.0 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I've got the 4K panel on my P650RS-G I got back in October 2016. Looking at all these new laptops coming out with the 120Hz and 144Hz refresh rates [all of them are 1080P], I'm getting tempted to replace my 4K screen with a panel that offers a higher refresh rate. Is the higher refresh rate worth the upgrade? I've always preferred higher pixel density as compared to the higher refresh rate but man everything is SO SMOOTH on these newer panels! Moreover, the GTX1070 I got can't push 4K resolution in most games at ultra - very high settings but reasonably good settings, while it outputs >100 frames at 1080P at everything set to ultra in most games. Some discussion on this will be helpful. @Galm @GeoFrank91 @Meaker@Sager @Zoltan@HIDevolution your thoughts?

10. GeoFrank91

GeoFrank91 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Honestly, I think 4K on a screen this small is overkill and since, as you say, our 1070’s can’t push ultra settings at 4K then what’s the point?

The 100hz or 120hz (even better) is fantastic for butter smooth gameplay, and the 1080p resolution at this size still looks great.

AJ2.0 likes this.