**Official Clevo P65xRS(-G), P65xRP6(-G) / Sager NP8153(-S), NP8152(-S) Owner's Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by HardCore88, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Keyboards as a whole unit and chassis pieces are used for our repairs.

2. Rinkutux

Rinkutux Newbie

Reputations:
  3. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    I would not download a file from that site for fear of what it might contain (they have no issue stealing Prema's work) . Their site actively uses a crypto miner while you are visiting too.

Papusan likes this.
  4. sepukku

sepukku Newbie

Reputations:
    Can't get past 1700 stable for more than 10 minutes, after which it auto downclocks to stock frequency. Temps are in the lower 70's, but power throttle is there during that freq/voltage. I assume not all chips are the same, but still 1911 stable seems quite the achievement. Any tips or the original post of @Falkentyne that helped you achieve the un-achievable? ;)
    Cheers.

5. Timbabs123

Timbabs123 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    In order to get past 1700 you need to unlock the tdp limit to full desktop grade performance. And this can only me done via hardware mod on the gpu. But like I said you will only experience the extreme stutters if your GPU drops clocks by massive amounts.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

sepukku likes this.
  6. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Note that unlocking the lower limits will mean that much more power is consumed so it will get very hot and stress the power delivery.

Timbabs123 likes this.
  7. sepukku

sepukku Newbie

Reputations:
    No idea how to do that mod, not that I would do it. No problem with the frame rates or stuttering.
    The only real problem as of late is the enormous TDR based BSODs in Win10 FC update 1709 and latest Nvidia Drivers (388+). 390.77 is completely unusable, bsoding every game in under 3 seconds. Still trying to get a fix for this situation, which is happening for millions out there. It's sad this thread is so inactive as I'm sure all people with this laptop and Win10 version have these problems. At least in MSHybrid mode.

8. tlprtr19

tlprtr19 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hi bud. I feel ya.

I did update recently but need to check my version. I only play in discrete and I am not getting any bsod.

I am however getting high utilization both cpu gpu recently and increase in temps while gaming.

9. sepukku

sepukku Newbie

Reputations:
    Found that the problem is related to Obsidian tweaked control center. Uninstalled it and all good. But I don't want the Clevo cc so I reinstalled the modified one and tweaked the TdrLevel and TdrDelay in the registry by creating the corresponding keys. No tdr_failure bsod as of yet.

10. StepSon

StepSon Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi there!
    I have a P650RP6 (GTX1060 6GB No G-Sync) laptop with updated BIOS 1.05.09, EC 1.05.08TR (from XMG site) and tweaked vBIOS 86.06.18.00.0A (originally from techpowerup.com) which was modified by Pascal TDP tweaker. I've switched from 86.06.18.00.02 old one with help of SKYPRO flash programmer

Who can confirm that this is newest setup? I would like to apply CPU new microcode updates

BTW: I only know about 2 sources: https://www.mysn.de/secure/userarea/download.asp and https://repo.palkeo.com/clevo-mirror...

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018