**Official Clevo P65xRS(-G), P65xRP6(-G) / Sager NP8153(-S), NP8152(-S) Owner's Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by HardCore88, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Timbabs123

Timbabs123 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    To anyone noticing hitches and stutters during game-play, try locking your card to a particular frequency and voltage point that lets it run below the power limit and without bumping into it.

Can I just say how MUCH this has improved game-play performance of my card, especially after unlocking my 1070 to full desktop power class.

Previously I kept bumping up to the power limit and constantly noticed hitches and bumps in game-play but was not sure where they were coming from. But ever since locking the frequency and making sure it doesn't bump up to the power limit, game-play has changed NIGHT and DAY. Now there are no more hitches or bumps and everything runs buttery smooth.

Clocks are stable and not jumping up and down anymore. To anyone noticing stutters and hitches during game-play, try out this sweet fix. Thanks @Falkentyne .

Now am locked at 1911mhz @0.9620v desktop grade performance in a 15inch notebook :vbthumbsup:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  2. Wonkyfinger

Wonkyfinger Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm going to try this tonight. I really only see these issues during Destiny 2, so I wonder if it's an optimization issue, but I would really like to see that game run smoothly. What program are you using for this?

3. Castdeath97

Castdeath97 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does anyone know where I can find replacement keys? My control key got busted. Also one of the rubber feets feel off and got lost so it would be nice to find replacements for those as well.

4. Castdeath97

Reputations:
    Also my P650 is suffering from a couple of software issues, the RGB keyboard doesn't seem to want to setup the correct colour (for example it thinks 255 255 255 is yellow!).

5. Timbabs123

Timbabs123 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Msi afterbuner, but you have to know the right voltage point and frequency that it doesn't constantly hit the power limit anymore.

6. balane

balane Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hello. My screen has started to flicker and even go black when I adjust the lid on it. The laptop is a Sager NP8152-S I imagine this is caused by an issue with the cable between the display and motherboard. Is it possible to acquire a replacement cable anywhere? I don't mind installing it myself. Thank you for any help.

7. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yes it can be done, a local reseller can help. First thing to check is if the connector is still secure though behind the panel and into the motherboard.

8. balane

balane Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thank you. I ordered it from sagernotebook.com and not from a local vendor. Can you please assist me in locating an agent local to me in Seattle?

Edit: Looks to me, at least for the moment, that removing and reseating the video data cable sockets seems to have fixed the issue. Hopefully it remains functioning.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  9. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Always speak to our support team if you ever need parts for one of our machines :)

By local we get users from all around the world so the same country usually means you avoid taxes etc.

It's very likely that was your issue if reseating has resolved the issue.

10. Castdeath97

Reputations:
    Do you stock keyboard caps and replacement feet? Because that would be really helpful for me.