*** Official Clevo P65xRS(-G), P65xRP6(-G) / Sager NP8153(-S), NP8152(-S) Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by HardCore88, Aug 18, 2016.

1. ddomaster

ddomaster Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi guys, longtime lurker finally has a question that I couldn't find the answer to in previous posts. I have a i7-6700hq/GTX1070 p650rs-g without a gsync display. I bought the one with the non gsync full hd 60hz screen last year. I am now thinking of getting a new monitor to hook the P650 up to. Could I ask, if I purchase a gsync monitor, will my p650 be able to work with the monitor and allow me to utilize gsync for games? I'm asking because my retailer doesn't seem to be sure. Thanks in advance for any1 who can advise.

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yes, so long as you are using the displayport then G-sync will work.

3. ddomaster

ddomaster Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  4. djsubtronic

djsubtronic Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hey guys, can someone please tell me the exact model/part number of the 1080p IPS screen used on this model? And is it the same 30 pin eDP connector as the previous gen (P650RG)?

5. AndiiiHD

AndiiiHD Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    will the P65xHP6(-G) series be added in the title in this thread - or will they get a seperate one?

Does anybody have an idea where i can find the service manual for this model ? Thanks in advance...

6. k0nane

k0nane Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    As seems appropriate for a new gen (even in the same chassis), I posted a new thread here.

7. taalj

taalj Newbie

Reputations:
    THIS! This has been driving me crazy since I got my P650RS-G. I've flashed latest BIOS from here:
    https://repo.palkeo.com/clevo-mirror/P6xxRS/
    and
    https://www.mysn.de/driver/XMG/XMG_...gn=affiliate&utm_medium=cpo&utm_content=54264

And issue is still not resolved. Interestingly, with the previously linked bios it actually becomes a little harder to track down (doesn't show as ACPI.sys in Process Explorer but just as generic hardware interrupts).

Only way I've found to workaround this issue when it occurs (beware occurs much more frequently with latest EC/BIOS) is to sleep the machine and then wake it up again straight away.

Pretty annoying and seemingly very hard to fix/track-down bug.

8. Sir_H4N5

Sir_H4N5 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I had that issue too, MShybrid fixed it for me. Only appeared in discrete mode.

9. taalj

taalj Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks Sir_H4N5,

I thought it might have something to do with that. Note I've only ever run in discrete mode. Running in MSHybrid though - I was under the impression you couldn't use G-SYNC?

I guess I could reboot back into discrete when I want to use apps that use G-SYNC (i.e. games) but that seems more onerous than my current workaround of sleep/wake when the high cpu thing hits.

10. Sir_H4N5

Sir_H4N5 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    No clue if it's necessary for G-Sync. I am not using it anyway.
    For me it only appeared after hibernation or stand by. A restart usually solved it.

Cambonius likes this.