*** Official Clevo P65xRS(-G), P65xRP6(-G) / Sager NP8153(-S), NP8152(-S) Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by HardCore88, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Cambonius

Cambonius Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    True. And I admit it is noticeably better and really cannot be seen by video or anything imo, have to experience it for yourself. I just wish IPS at 120hz wasn't a fortune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Similar to comparing 30fps and 60fps in video.

Cambonius likes this.
  3. Zuois

Zuois Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    This is true to a point. Now, I hate to bash what is seemingly new tech in the industry, but the panel's colors aren't simply just off slightly. Don't get me wrong, the 120hz feel is noticeable, but at the same time so is the color. There is some banding and the colors are slightly washed out, but the color distortion hurts the most here. I don't know how similar other panels (of the same model) are, but I see dark greens in the grey-scale that really 'pop' especially with lots of banding. It wouldn't be a big deal if grey-scale wasn't heavily used in everything. Further, I can't say if this is a problem with the banding, but a lot of your darker backgrounds on web pages as well as thumbnails and low resolution images get more pixelated(?) than usual.

That being said, the panel is great for games where 120hz is beneficial: CSGO, Overwatch, LoL, Dota, etc.. and if that is your end goal, then this panel will serve well. However, if you game on the side or enjoy games with active art forms (i.e. Binding of Isaac) in addition to demanding titles alongside web browsing and seeing pictures and content as it was intended to be seen, then you may want to consider another panel.

Increasing the brightness by 10% alleviates most of the noticeable banding/color distortion but at the same time loses the black and makes the colors appear even more washed out (if you'd prefer).

Also, for any of those wondering, I have no issue using the Vive with the np8153-S. It works like a charm :)

AJ2.0 and Cambonius like this.
  4. Cambonius

Cambonius Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I couldn't have said this better myself. I agree the motion etc with 120hz is excellent and smooth, especially with the 1070 being able to handle 90-130 fps easily in a lot of games. But the colors are so awful I could barely enjoy the smooth gameplay as I was so focused on the terrible color accuracy. Maybe this was just my panel, but I was pretty disappointed. I too had the weird color effect, my blacks when I adjusted them as much as I could to make them as dark as possible turned almost green/brown if I wanted to maintain a decent white or other colors. If you don't have a good calibration device it's just plain awful to look at. My device did pretty well but it was still pretty sad to look at. I even at one point was embarrassed to show my brother my new laptop because the screen felt like a 5 year old laptop. I too noticed the text on websites and folders looked like my resolution was below 1080 because they appeared more pixelated. Needless to say, I wouldn't recommend the 120hz display, the colors are just awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zuois likes this.
  5. Sir_H4N5

Sir_H4N5 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi Guys,

I got a P650RS myself. So far I am pretty satisfied. Before I was actually trying a Gigabyte P35V6 but that thing was a piece of junk...
    Yesterday I played around a little with the CCC. Seems every version brings different fan settings. Now I got .72 installed and it also got another setting called "Overclock" not only "Max", "Auto" and "Manual".
    Anyway the fans could be a little bit less agressive. Because I don't need the temperatures to be always as low as 40°C.
    As far as I read from this ridiculous big thread, a bios upgrade didn't change anything about the aggressive fans, right?
    Is there a custom Bios coming? Anybody knows that?

6. highwind85

highwind85 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey guys, just wanna check what is your hard disk drive temperature hovering at? Mine comes with 1TB HGST 7200 rpm and after turning on the laptop for a while, the hdd temperature hover at around 45-46degC even at idle. This temperature is enough to be felt through the right palm rest. Is this normal?

7. Hanamichi23

Hanamichi23 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My 1TB HGST 7200 rpm idles at 31° according to HWiNFO64.

8. highwind85

highwind85 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    How about during light usage? Like when surfing the net or something? I find my HDD temperature slowing inching up despite not much disk activity..

9. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    The colour can change with brightness, a profile for lower brightness might help.

10. Hanamichi23

Hanamichi23 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Doesn't go above 35° (just to clarify it's not my OS drive).