*** Official Clevo P65xRS(-G), P65xRP6(-G) / Sager NP8153(-S), NP8152(-S) Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by HardCore88, Aug 18, 2016.

1. hotstocks

hotstocks Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    -75 seemed to be the magic number for me and I used Intel tuning, just do the same thing. If you go over -75 you might get minor crashes you don't notice especially when switching from high to low loads, and also the gpu was slower at -100mv for me, I have no idea why. But -50 and -75 were about the same temps and shave 10W off at the wall, meaning the burning power brick isn't as hot anymore, so no more bacon.

2. ronzky321

ronzky321 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm new to undervolting also. But what's the difference with using XTU?

3. paulrenzo

paulrenzo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Would just like to ask if anyone has an idea. I'm considering replacing the stock thermal pads, in addition to repasting.

4. FredSRichardson

FredSRichardson Notebook Groundsloth

Reputations:
    I noticed that I don't have the keyboard backlight application installed. Is this part of Clevo Center?

5. FredSRichardson

FredSRichardson Notebook Groundsloth

Reputations:
    I'm afraid I don't have a good solution for your keyboard but I always remap the left control to capslock. Unless you use capslock heavily (maybe some games use it) this would at least give you a control key in an arguably more ergonomic position. I usually just remap caps-lock to left-ctrl:
    http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/disable-caps-lock-key-in-windows-vista/

6. TomJGX

TomJGX I HATE BGA!

Reputations:
    With Skylake CPU's, first thing to do is UV... Intel's stock voltage is too high!!!

7. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    100% true

The stock Skylake voltage is way too high for the stock clock speeds thus creating unnecessary heat.

Each CPU varies but here is a good start point

for a 4.2 GHz clock speed on all cores = -140 to -150mV
    for a 4.4 GHz overclock on all cores - 70mV to -80mV
    For a 4.5 GHz overclock on all cores = -40mV
    For a 4.6 GHz overclock on all cores = -26 mV

Again, this is on my Silicon Lottery CPU so your mileage my vary but this way you know where to start then do minor adjustment to find the sweet spot between lesser heat and stability

8. byunjoe

byunjoe Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    That's odd. It's my understanding that the 'Flexikey' application comes with Clevo's Control Center.

9. hotstocks

hotstocks Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well with a 6700HQ at 3.5 ghz max, you can't get that aggressive. I've found -75mv to be completely stable and going to -100mv is same heat and you lose stability. Mobile processors aren't defaulted as high as desktop processors.

10. josephvu00

josephvu00 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi there, has anybody experienced issue with the fingerprint reader on Windows Hello?
    My Windows Hello fingerprint option just suddenly went dark and it now says Windows Hello is not available on this device.