*** Official Clevo P65xHS(-G), P65xHPx(-G) / Sager NP8155, NP8156, NP8157 Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by k0nane, Feb 6, 2017.

1. doylentgreen

doylentgreen Newbie

Reputations:
    I think the poke worked, got a reply quickly back from support. Thanks!

Looks like I was wrong about a newer version being available. I'm currently on 1.05.04RLS2. John@OBSIDIAN-PC referred last month to a 1.05.05 from Clevo, but support says mine is the latest. Does Sager not always move to Clevo's latest, or is it just a timing thing?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  2. doylentgreen

doylentgreen Newbie

Reputations:
    Sorry for delayed reply here, my alerts weren't working apparently...

So far my GenTech experience is all good. Shopped around a bunch and they had the best pricing for what I wanted. Reaching them by phone (specifically Ken) was no problem, which I also really liked. I had a few questions to ask, plus needed to make a config change post-order, and all were addressed with quick/easy calls. My order, which wasn't a Rush, arrived promptly as well. The only "problem" was that my free T-shirt came in the wrong size... I can live with that :)

Summer's been way too busy and haven't gotten around to stressing the machine yet. Got their CLU option for the CPU/GPU, so I'll be curious to see what temps are like when I do.

kmeck518 likes this.
  3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    There is validation done on our end to do possibly.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
  4. Surrealist

Surrealist Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Got a P650HP6-G from Hidevolution a couple of months back. For the last month or so, about 1/3 of the time when I power it up after having turned it off, it'll show the Style Notes loading screen and then go blank and sit there without firing up Windows 10. Turning it off and on again will cause things to run normally after a quick disk check runs most of the time but I have had to do it twice in a row on occasion.

Any ideas?

5. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Usually it's a slight ram issue that causes that, it may be perfectly stable otherwise but does not quite initialise stably sometimes.

6. Andrei B

Andrei B Newbie

Reputations:
    Questing for forum patrons:
    I am choosing a Clevo based system for mobile video editing needs. I see that a system with 1060 differs from a 1070 by thickness, system with 1070 also supports CPU with 8Mb of cache, which I could put to good use. So, is the cooling system on the thicker laptop is different from a 1060 models, besides that one heat-pipe that I see on a screenshot. Are those cooling fans and radiators any different between the models?
    Thanks very much for your time!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  7. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    The shared 1070 heatsink has a larger CPU fin area to account for the extra load placed on it.

Andrei B likes this.
  8. XMGamer

XMGamer Newbie

Reputations:
    Is it possible to flash the obsidian BIOS on a XMG device?

There are the new 1.05.05...

9. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Why would you do that?
    Our BIOS is not public, and you would be voiding your warranty... trust your re-seller to provide you with their BIOS.

10. Deathex565

Deathex565 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey there, don't mean to start anything, but at the same time I do since I want to make the best purchase I can.
    P650hs-g from Obsidian vs P651hs-g (P507 2017) from XMG. Chassis is a bit different, although I don't know if it's only for aesthetics purposes. An order from Obsidian is slightly more expensive, but if it's worthy I'm all for paying a little extra for an actually superior end product. Otherwise same specs: 7700HQ, 120Hz display, 1060, 2x8GB@2400MHz, 250GB 960 Evo + 500GB@7200, no OS installed.
    All-in-all Obsidian looks better for various reasons, my main concern is whether the 651 chassis is better than the 650 in terms of durability, thermals, etc, or if it's just an aesthetic difference. Thank you.