*** Official Clevo P65xHS(-G), P65xHPx(-G) / Sager NP8155, NP8156, NP8157 Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by k0nane, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Or dried out/pumped paste.

2. bk109

bk109 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    That's the thing - it should be able to stay pegged at the max frequencies for both the CPU and GPU without an issue, so (if nothin's broken, ie a heat pipe) - ie, I left my bugger doing overnight transcodes using both both the CPU (x265) and NVENC and the highest it reached was 78*C with an ambient room temp of 22*C (with an undervolt) without thermal throttling. Honestly, I'd suggest you grab an MX4 (or TG Kryonaut) as it's really easy to use to rule out shoddy paste or (I'm sorry,but I'm covering all the "cheaper" bases) application and see if that changes things. If not, then you might as well requst a heatsink assembly swap (or should your OEM refuse - grab one off e-bay), because the only other feasible failure are damaged heatpipes or heatsink, which unfortunately isn't something you can fix/mitigate on your own :|

3. cgilley

cgilley Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Never heard of pumped out paste - dried out sure, but unlikely after 2 months. Interestingly I think I picked up IC Diamond on a recommendation in this thread. So, I just ordered some TG K, and I'll pull it apart this weekend. I'll take pictures of what I find. The suggestion for a heatsink assembly swap is interesting. How something like that could break would be interesting to learn.

Thanks for the comments...

4. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    If the heatsink can move up and down slightly it can pump the paste out.

5. dragon57

dragon57 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I must have the best OEM paste job ever. My Sager never comes close to the temps I have seen some post. I push it all the time with video renders, 3D renders, etc. and it never thermal throttles (fans sound like a jet at times though). Crosses fingers it keeps it up! ;)

cgilley likes this.
  6. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    A lot of people don't need to touch it except for cleaning out the fans/heatsink fins every so often.

dragon57 likes this.