*** Official Clevo P65xHS(-G), P65xHPx(-G) / Sager NP8155, NP8156, NP8157 Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by k0nane, Feb 6, 2017.

1. subscope

subscope Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello all! I have a P650HP6-G with GTX1060 and currently with 1.05.12 BIOS and 1.05.04 EC. There are any new bios and ec? I asked to my reseller and they just said to me to take a look at https://repo.palkeo.com/clevo-mirror/P65xHPx/

It seems that they doesn't want to help me -_-

XMG version is safe/ok to use on my laptop? offcourse just to update EC not the BIOS. Here is the link that I am thinking to use to udpate EC https://download.schenker-tech.de/package/xmg-p507/

Furthermore, there is any way to control fan curve? (I uninstal CCC because I had some BSOD's)

Thank you in advance.

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    So long as it's the same variant (same gpu, same g-sync support etc) you can flash but you would do ECU and BIOS usually.

subscope likes this.
  3. polluxo

polluxo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello, I noticed my CPU temps were unusually high recently. At idle, <3% load my CPU clock speed is at 3ghz. Before when it would idle it would sit at around 1ghz. Why has it gone up? Any way to help it relax?

4. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Check CPU usage in task manager and make sure you are on a balanced power plan.

5. subscope

subscope Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you for your input :) so it's safe to update my laptop with this bios and ecu? I checked all the specs from XMG 507 and are the same than mine :)

6. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Then chances are good but I can't give you a definitive answer since it's not our machine or firmware.

7. Cryptoxic

Cryptoxic Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Update: System builder took my P650 in for a "Full Diagnostic" and loaned me a P950HP6 while waiting for my P650 to be fixed. They said that it might be software related because it was the same exact VRM that blew. So they said that they'll take it in and do a full system check of all the parts before stress testing it. But I mean, doing a clean install of windows 10 and then installing the drivers is the same thing as using their image with everything preinstalled right?

Anywho, the P950 that was loaned to me had some decent specs but the ram was 8GB only. Literally starting up the laptop eats up 75% of the ram. Ugh I hope I get my P650 back soon

8. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Depends what their stock image is but usually it's not overly different to a fresh install.

9. Cryptoxic

Cryptoxic Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I did notice that their stock image uses the DCH nvidia drivers instead of the normal nvidia drivers. Not sure if that matters tho

10. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    No, basically no standard stuff should be able to kill the vrm.