*** Official Clevo P65xHS(-G), P65xHPx(-G) / Sager NP8155, NP8156, NP8157 Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by k0nane, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Parradox

Parradox Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have found the apps you mentioned, but I couldnt get them running due to errors. Tried researching the problem and I was looking for fixes, but I cant get it running. The driver version I have is 6.0.8694.1 which seems to be a newer version. On my manufacturers site there isnt a choice of the driver versions, there is only one. Also, I am using only the free parts of obsidian control center, thus I dont have access to updater nor fan control.

2. Cryptoxic

Cryptoxic Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Been a while since I posted my last message in here but just a few days ago, my P650 quite literally exploded in my face. Was playing a game when suddenly the whole laptop died. Tried turning it on, didn't turn on. Plugged in the power brick and it tripped the power brick. I could see the led indicator on the power brick turning off when I plugged it into my laptop. And on top of that, I could smell the magic smoke coming from my laptop. Sent it in once again and now it's due for a motherboard replacement. Has anyone experienced their laptop burning out?

3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    It happens rarely, a VRM component has likely given out and a motherboard replacement is the usuall remedy.

4. Cryptoxic

Reputations:
    Yeah my system builder confirmed that one of the VRM has blown out and my motherboard had to be replaced. Kindda worried since my warranty is reaching the end. Hope nothing goes wrong after it ends tho

5. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    It's one of those things, good thing it was within the warranty.

6. Cryptoxic

Reputations:
    I'm back once again with the same issue. Twice in a row this time actually. Motherboard was replaced on the 1 Nov and then it blew again on the 8 Nov, my system builder replaced the motherboard and I came back, did some gaming and it blew AGAIN today. I'm puzzled why this happens and so is my system builder. At this point, it's just getting frustrating because I need my laptop for work, not just gaming. Ugh

7. bk109

bk109 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    When you RMA'd your laptop, did you ship it with the power supply or just the device itself, 'cause this smells a bit like a failing PSU sending voltage spikes? It's rare, but it's known to happen, especially when the brick is under load (ie charging + gaming) and is starting to get really hot?

8. Cryptoxic

Reputations:
    The first time I didn't, the second time, we changed the power brick as well but the VRM still popped when under load

9. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    I'd start to suspect surges from either your mains or power brick.

10. Cryptoxic

Reputations:
    We changed the power brick along with the motherboard yesterday and just today the VRM popped again.

If this is due to the mains, how would I go about solving this?