*** Official Clevo P65xHS(-G), P65xHPx(-G) / Sager NP8155, NP8156, NP8157 Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by k0nane, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Parradox

Parradox Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey there again, so the bug still persists. It is only the case with the optical s/pdif connector, the other two work fine (except for being lower on volume). When the pc is waken up from sleep, it no longer works and only restarting the whole system fixes it, so I believe its some kind of a software problem. Anyone who could help please?

2. vorken

vorken Newbie

Reputations:
    The strange thing is that in bios I can only see one of them (the one closer when notebook is opened). Both 2.5 Sata standart 7.0mm. Sometimes SSD mounts for awhile and then disappears again. With RST option enabled it is the same.

3. bk109

bk109 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    That's definitely odd, have you tried swapping the drives to see if it's drive-related or port related, because it can be either and if you're lucky, it may be the latter, but only because there's something intermittently causing the drive to stop working. That said, this sort of behaviour reminds me of an old OCZ Vertex (and a Seagate hybrid drive for that matter) of mine that intermittently froze or failed to initialize at POST, before it eventually died completely..

4. vorken

vorken Newbie

Reputations:
    The problem is with ports definitely, I have tried swapping and leaving only one ssd. It is the same port every time. I have no idea how and what to diagnose now. Is there a chance that Obsidian Bios might help?

5. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Check that the connector is not wobly and the soldered connections look good.

bk109 likes this.
  6. bk109

bk109 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Might as well also spray some electrical contact cleaner there too, because this could also be some sort of surface corrosion that intermitently screws up the connection

7. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    That's not a bad call on cleaning the contacts.

8. TheChosen0ne

TheChosen0ne Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    A little late, but I hope this helps. Have you tried Obsidian-PC's Control Station? John has a headphone fix that fixes the exact problem you are speaking of, including post-wake-up by hibernate and sleep mode. In my case prior to the fix, unplugging my optical s/pdif connector/analog headphones cable and replugging it works, or restarting can also work, but is unnecessary. However, Control Station resets it automatically for you upon waking up from either aforesaid mode once you check it off under Windows Tuning tab's Optional list. Other things to take into consideration: You should set the Realtek Audio Console's Power Management to Off. Also, if you have fuzzy audio, under Realtek Digital Output set the Default Format to 192000 Hz 24 Bits for sample rate and bit depth.
    Here is a link to Control Station by Obsidian-PC:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...-by-obsidian-pc.801464/page-248#post-10789828

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  9. Parradox

Parradox Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello and thank you a lot for your response. However, I am aware of obsidians control center and have been using it for a year or so. I also know about the headphone fix in the windows tuning and have already tried it. I was thinking I had a bad audio driver, but I tried more of them and still no difference. You also mentioned realtek audio console and so I have searched for it, but it wasnt a part of any driver that I have installed. I would like to mention that a headphone fix exists for linux systems, I have installed it on ubuntu and I confirm that it fixes the issue. Only OS that doesnt work (probably not surprising) is windows.

10. TheChosen0ne

TheChosen0ne Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    In the Microsoft Store, both Realtek and Creative have released Windows apps that work with the corresponding audio driver: Realtek Audio Console and Sound Blaster Connect. Also, when you download the audio driver from Updater it should come included with those two apps. Have you tried NP8157's (P650HS) audio driver - version 6.0.1.8591?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019