**Official Clevo P65xHS(-G), P65xHPx(-G) / Sager NP8155, NP8156, NP8157 Owner's Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by k0nane, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Parradox

Parradox Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Oh well, too bad for me, I should have gone for the TN panel when I made the order. Thanks for info anyway.

2. Canonfodder

Canonfodder Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Sounds like your are getting jerked around there is no way that light bleed is normal or acceptable, I remember the picture. Whoever you chatted with is just downplaying it.
    I have no doubt that can be fixed or significantly minimized, it certainly couldn't get much worse

3. Parradox

Parradox Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I would really like to get it fixed, but the guy I chatted with described it correctly, it all made sense. I know it is because of the pressure of the bezel, so the person I talked to through support basically lied to me when he said, that the problem is in the panel. So sending it back for replacement wont fix it, the bezel will be still pushing towards the screen creating bleed effect and getting a TN panel is apparently not possible, or wouldnt be covered under warranty which means I would need to pay a lot more. I can write to the support again, asking what is and what isnt covered under warranty and how much would it really cost, but my hopes arent really high. The 120hz panel cost 70€ more back then, now its 80€ more, so that would be fine. But if they have to change whole chassis and the cable mentioned by Meaker above, then it would be a lot lot more. So if they wont agree, I am stuck with the bleeding panel unfortunately. The confusing thing is that they are giving me contradictory information, so idk who to really trust.

4. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    It can be "minimized" to an extent, completely removed is almost impossible.
    It all depends on what each re-seller defines as "acceptable", and what each user is willing to accept. :D

Donald@HIDevolution likes this.
  5. DanTheMistborn

DanTheMistborn Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for your tips! One clarification: by standby you mean sleep mode?

6. Canonfodder

Reputations:
    Yes same thing. Basically sleep mode stores the computer state in RAM memory which needs constant power so when you lift the lid or press the power button (or keys on some systems) the other components that are still active can wake the computer pretty much immediately. You can have a laptop computer for days in that mode depending on the battery.
    Hibernation stores the computer state to the hard drive which uses no power to maintain but depending on the hard drive you can have a very noticeable delay when starting up

7. Canonfodder

Reputations:
    I tend to disagree with that having a few IPS panels with zero light bleed.
    After basically taking my lid apart and re-seating the panel on my Clevo 1510 it is essentially a non issue now, does it still have a bit yes. Could I get rid of it completely almost certainly but it is so minimal to not even be noticeable under most conditions I am not going to bother, I am about as picky as they come..

Can it be corrected in manufacturing, yes. But that would take time and money. Can it be fixed after the fact definitely but again..

8. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    I don´t get it, did you mean you "agree" with me?
    Because what you said and did goes inline with my statement.

"It can be "minimized" to an extent, completely removed is almost impossible." - What you did proves this.

And about what a manufacturer finds acceptable and what a user accepts, that sentence is a fact. Nothing to agree or disagree.

Maybe what you want to reinforce is:
    "I think it is the manufacturer job to supply a IPS panel mounted in a way that, like my panel, is close to zero bleed."
    or
    "I think re-sellers should either complain to manufacturers or correct the problem themselves."
    or
    "I think all panels should be close to zero bleed, or else it should be considered a factory defect."

If that´s your opinion i won´t say i disagree with any of it :)

9. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    There is also the fact that the chassis goes through shock and vibration testing and panels fit/finish are designed to survive that.

10. Canonfodder

Reputations:
    I agree most people are willing to accept a bit of light bleed especially when they are told by both manufacturer and reseller that it is normal and not a panel defect which technically it is not, it's an manufacturing assembly compromise.

What I disagree with is that it cannot be eliminated completely which I know from the laptop I own to not be the case. I chose not to put anymore time into it taking it apart etc. since I find it acceptable for the purpose I use the unit for.

I also know from other quality IPS type panels I own straight out of the box which have zero light bleed issues it is entirely possible to manufacture one without it.

I do not know the warranty policy regarding this problem but I am sure the reseller or manufacturer could and probably would go back to "it is not considered a defect"

My advice to anyone with this problem if it bothers you return it while you can, under warranty it will be an entirely different situation