**Official Clevo P65xHS(-G), P65xHPx(-G) / Sager NP8155, NP8156, NP8157 Owner's Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by k0nane, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Kaneco

Kaneco Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    A little update on my situation. More symptoms started popping up as of yesterday during the evening.

Nvidia card under Discreet settings gets barely detected now, and now the computer is starting to get issues to turn on from a Shutdown state... from what I've been reading, it seems that I might be dealing with a defective motherboard that's been probably defective since its manufacturing... but the issues have just been starting to manifest. The Nvidia card is probably also defective, but there's clearly deeper issues.

I've opened a RMA request with Sager, so let's see what kind of response I get... I should be well under the Warranty period, since I got this Laptop about 9 months ago from Sager through Amazon.

I would love to backup my data in the case the just switch it up with a completely new product, but I don't have any enclosures or mounting devices for M.2 2280 SSDs... I did pose the question on my RMA request, and asked that if I get a new product that if it would be possible and just swap the M.2 SSDs & HDD so I still have all my stuff.

We'll see what happens.

It's my first Sager and first gaming dedicated laptop with very beefy hardware that I invest on, I don't want the experience to end so soon and on such a sour note. Hahahaha! :p

2. bk109

bk109 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I hate to bump my own post, but ... errr... has anyone from the Sager/Obsidian contingent (or any other Clevo integrator for that matter) noticed similar behaviour? For the record, UEFI and RHEL see the NVME drive, but the latest Windows installer is listing just the SATA drives even after applying the Intel RST RAID driver.

3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    I did wonder with the symptoms you posted. Let's get it sorted :)

4. Kaneco

Kaneco Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Already getting it sorted. Just waiting on getting the shipping label from support to send it out as soon as I can.

Thanks for all the help. :)

5. Sptz

Sptz Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Does anyone with a P650HP have the same issue as I?
    Basically, if you close the lid and let it go to sleep, after opening the lid and having windows wake up it will always, always lock games, for example, Rocket League, with VSYNC ON unless I reboot. No matter if I turn ON or OFF on Nvidia Drivers or in-game. It will always lock to 60FPS, after rebooting it will fly to 100+ as it should be.
    This can be replicated 100% of the times, whether the lid is closed while plugged in or not. It's indifferent. I'm sick of having to constantly reboot in order for it to work properly.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  6. L00K3R4

L00K3R4 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Finally had time to replace the broken HDD and ofcourse this resulted in a new problem...

Windows shows the following port
    Port 0: SSD
    Port 1: SSD
    Port 2: HDD (replaced the broken HDD with an identical HDD)
    Port 3: HDD

The HDD's are in Raid1 (both are recognised in the BIOS). When I start the laptop, it starts without any problems (although a bit slow with the BIOS boot). The problem occures when I want to sync the replaced HDD with the not broken HDD. After 5% sync and when I am really lucky after 50% sync my "replaced HDD" is recognised as "broken" by Intel Rapid Storage (see attachment). Intel even tries to tell me that Port 2 is "un used". My BIOS is still V1.05.05, although I doubt the BIOS would chance anything since it everything worked well before I replaced my HDD. Any suggestions of what I can do?

I really don't want my laptop having a nice holiday in Portugal when I can't have it also :|

Edit:
    Onbekend means Unkown

Attached Files:

7. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    What way have you formatted the replacement disk, does it match the original?

8. L00K3R4

Reputations:
    I don't think the BIOS asks for a format, I rember I just replaced it, and Intel Rapid Storage showed "rebuilding". After a while the rebuilt failes because the disk "breaks". Maybe good to know that rebooting "repairs" the HDD, but after a while the HDD "breaks". As you can see in the Disk Management, it doesn't show up overthere (nor is TestDisk willing to see the "broken" HDD), whereas it does inside the BIOS as well as in Intel Rapid Storage.

Attached Files:

9. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    What happens if you swap the ports they are each in?

10. L00K3R4

Reputations:
    By switching the "broken" HDD from Port 2 to Port 3 as you asked I moved the issue from Port 2 to Port 3. And ofcourse the Intel Rapid Storage is not capable of syncing since the HDD keeps "dying".

Also added info from Belarc Advisor, it shows that the RAID1 is not SMART...

Edit: typo's.... so many typo's...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018