**Official Clevo P65xHS(-G), P65xHPx(-G) / Sager NP8155, NP8156, NP8157 Owner's Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by k0nane, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    We don't list them due to the number of people flashing their machines with the wrong version and bricking their systems. We have a lot of customisations on our machines and G-sync/non G-sync versions have to have specific files.

Other manufacturers give you what you get and that's it which does make support easier.

Feel free to call on Monday with your ticket reference and they can let you know any details.

2. Kaneco

Kaneco Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Monday? Ridiculous. I've been trying to get support since Thursday which is completely within working business days and had no help from Tech support.

BIOS updates should be listed within the product listings where you find the rest of the drivers & details of your specific model... don't think that's confusing at all for anyone looking to solve their issues within a timely manner. This is just making it hard for the sake of making it hard for the end-user. It should be the customer's responsibility to take such a risk, in the case if the software/BIOS is intended to work & has been fully tested to work.

Decided to go for a gaming laptop at last, did a bit of research and came to the conclusion that the Sager NP8157 was the right computer for me... I'm not very pleased with the customer support I've gotten from Sager... not very good first impressions if you ask me.

Don't mean any disrespect, but this whole situation is just a bit too disappointing.

3. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    We used to list them exactly by model and people would still brick their machines. So the empirical evidence lead us to the current setup.

Jan/Feb is always a busy time for support, if it's urgent then feel free to call up along with a ticket. As you said, hybrid mode is running ok for the moment so stick with that for now if you want to delay other testing. Your performance should be the same it will just be G-sync that will be impacted.

4. Matthew Gary

Matthew Gary Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    power-voltage 2.jpg Here is my latest attempt> What am I doing wrong guys? power-voltage 2.jpg

5. Kaneco

Reputations:
    Unable to use or enjoy 'G-Sync' is the least of my worries.

Unfortunately the Intel Graphics Card is very weak and it's making it harder to multitask as well as do some tasks at all that require a decent Graphics card... this is besides 'gaming' as a whole which forget about it. So yeah, 'performance' will all be but the 'same'. MSHybrid doesn't even detect, nor access the Nvidia card. It's one or the other when you switch between 'MSHybrid' & 'Discreet'. Hahahaha.

Don't have much of a choice but to wait for tech support to finally answer my inquiry, or for someone to suggest an unofficial/unsupported alternative to my BIOS update conundrum. Oh well... C'est la vie.

Thanks for trying to help me tho. It's very much appreciated.

6. cierzo

cierzo Newbie

Reputations:
    Or you can search here:
    https://repo.palkeo.com/clevo-mirror/P6xxHS/

Note that I have not flashed any BIOS apart the one provided by my reseller. Do it at your own risk if you want

7. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Hybrid mode should run optimus and in most cases you should not be able to tell the difference to dedicated mode. I think you might actually be having hardware issues, call support if you can on Monday.

8. Sptz

Sptz Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    There's something really weird going on. So, I did full fresh clean installs of Intel's GPU and Nvidia's drivers. (DDU in safe mode, only installed gpu and physx drivers, etc) and in nvidia's control panel I always have VSYNC as ALWAYS OFF and it works. But sometimes, on Rocket League for example, I noticed input lag, turn on steam's in-game FPS counter and voilá, 60FPS locked... so it's forcing vsync. Even though VSYNC is OFF everywhere else. Anyone knows what's going on? What could be causing this?

My system is P650HP6-G, running 1.05.06 BIOS.

9. Kaneco

Reputations:
    From what I've read online, there's a clear difference. The Nvidia GPU will not be accessed at the same time as the Intel GPU to the point where it isn't even detected. You can only use one or the other, not both at the same time under either MSHybrid and Discreet.

I'll wait to see if there's any answer on that BIOS tomorrow through Tech Support, if that doesn't help even with the latest of BIOS then I'll just come to the conclusion that it's a Hardware issue... either with the Graphics Card, or in worst cases... the whole Motherboard... not really looking forward to the latter tho. Sending it out for repairs would definitely put a dent on time & work efficiency, really hoping it's not a hardware issue.

MSHybrid is working without any issues, but it's definitely not optimal.

Thanks for the heads up. :)

I'll wait and see what solution the Sager tech will give me tomorrow in terms of BIOS, then I'll see if your suggesting is a viable venture in the case that the support I get through Sager doesn't work out.

The help is very much appreciated.

10. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_Optimus

More info on Nvidia optimus (the mode that's used in hybrid mode).