]]>

**Official Clevo P65xHS(-G), P65xHPx(-G) / Sager NP8155, NP8156, NP8157 Owner's Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by k0nane, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Kaneco

Kaneco Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thank you. I just sent an e-mail to the Sales e-mail I see from Meaker@Sager's signature. Hopefully I get any helpful response.

Very much appreciated. :)

2. bk109

bk109 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey guys - I've got a quick about the NP8157 and RAID/IRST Premium mode - has anyone else have problems even detecting an NVMe drive (a 960 Evo) under RAID/RST Mode when installing Windows10/WinServer 2k16? Before anyone asks - yes, I'm loading the Intel RAID driver from the install DVD(unrelated - is it just me, or it's a bit weird to supply a driver DVD for a system that doesn't have an optical drive :D ) and I'm not sure if it's relevant, but I've populated all possible storage slots on this bugger (1x960 Evo, 1x WD Blue 3D, 2x850 Evo 2.5'')

3. Timbabs123

Timbabs123 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    yes I agree, if your clocks aren't dropping by a large amount then it wont cause the choppy performance.

Mine was dropping by large amounts and variations which led to the choppy performance.

4. Kaneco

Reputations:
    Unfortunately, I still haven't gotten any help and/or response from Sagers customer service... still in great need of a BIOS update for my laptop. :/

5. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    The email in my signature is for sales, please go to the support tab on our website and select technical support to raise a ticket.

Alternatively you can also use:

Toll Free: (800) 741-2219
    Tel: (626) 964-4849
    Fax: (626) 964-2381
    techsupport@sagernotebook.com

Since it's a BIOS request then the ticket system is your best bet :)

6. Kaneco

Reputations:
    Thanks for the prompt response, but I managed to also e-mail to that same e-mail you were suggesting... someone responded, made me an account on Sager's website, placed the ticket... had one of the representatives by the name 'David Liu' transfer over my inquiry to another representative by the name 'Allen Zhang' about 2 days ago and have yet to get a response.

Also tried the Toll Free phone number and it just keeps ringing without anyone responding to my calls... hmm, don't know what's going on.

I want to get this addressed as soon as possible.

I'll try the other Telephone number you've given me, and see if I can get a hold of anyone. Thanks in advance. :)

7. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    The support telephone numbers run from 7:30am to 5:30pm Monday - Friday.

What's the issue if a BIOS update is needed ASAP?

8. Kaneco

Reputations:
    Hardware incompatibilities with detecting Display Adapters such as the Nvidia GTX 1070 that comes pre-installed with the NP8157 due to updates, as well as some of the most recent Windows 10 updates. Most experts say that the BIOS is probably outdated... and since I bought this Laptop about a year ago... I wonder how old is the BIOS since its manufacturing.

That's why I need it. The Nvidia Display Adapter Driver was working fine until recent Windows Updates & Nividia updates... where the Nvidia card just randomly disconnects or refuses to be detected when coming back from sleep mode, just leaving you with a black screen... although running the laptop on MSHybrid settings instead of 'Discreet' doesn't suffer from the same symptoms, so I'm still able to work.

Most sources I've been finding is that the BIOS probably needs to be updated.

My current BIOS, according to the OBSIDIAN software I ended up downloading and paying the License fee to correct most of my issues and keep myself updated on this Sager (CLEVO Rebranded) model, it tells me that I'm on BIOS '1.05.05.RLS1' while the latest available one seems to be the '1.05.11' for the current model.

Would like to get a BIOS that's equivalent to that BIOS but of the Sager kind.

That's basically it. Hahahaha.

Been waiting since Thursday and have yet to have someone from Sager provide me with a solution to this.

9. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    What version of the Nvidia driver are you on? Have you tried rolling back to an older version?

The Vbios (integrated into your system BIOS) should not need updating (for instance my Vbios is still original from shipping nearly a year and a half ago) in order to function OK on the latest software.

10. Kaneco

Reputations:
    I was on the latest 490.77... then rolled back to the 488 version. Still have the same issues but less often... it's probably the newest Windows 10 update for this year that was just rolled out. But most people are saying that updating your BIOS to solve your hardware compatibility issues of this nature, when it comes to your Display Adapters not being detected... especially on Nvidia cards, should just be solved by updating the BIOS.

I would try to update my BIOS to the latest before I make any other conclusions. It's the one thing I've yet to upgrade, since it's obviously not available to the public in the open, which I find very troublesome... especially if you can't get a hold of tech support, unlike other manufacturers that have BIOS updates right on their site and/or their product listings under software/drivers.