**Official Clevo P65xHS(-G), P65xHPx(-G) / Sager NP8155, NP8156, NP8157 Owner's Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by k0nane, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    To be fair the intel cards have got better but I hope you enjoy your system :)

BrienTCl likes this.
  2. BrienTCl

BrienTCl Newbie

Reputations:
    I've read or at least skimmed through all of the posts in this thread now (it only took me a week, between classes and assignments lol) and have a few issues I'd appreciate advice on.

I'm installing my own OS because my university provides Windows 10 Education license to us, which is a form of Enterprise I believe. This means I am going to be updating my drivers personally, too. I was an engineer in the Navy, nuclear power school and all that. I was a senior chemistry student when I took a break, upon returning to studies recently I decided to change majors to CIS. I want to fix any machine that is broken, and upgrade those that aren't, it's just how I'm made. I really do not care about the product warranty at all. There is no way that I will ever send it back to be repaired, because I can do it right myself and what's more, I like doing it. I even change my own oil in my car, seriously I am helpless in this way.

Would it be helpful or better to get the Obsidian software? I am not an expert in all things computer at this point, though I am working on that. It sometimes takes me awhile to figure out the problem, and I tend to put too much time into looking for the problem and solving it when it would be easier to delete and reinstall. Maybe Avadirect has their own resource for this. My computer hasn't even been assembled yet and I've had little direct contact with them at this point. I don't even know if they have a company rep here on the forums, though I tried searching to find out. I also asked their customer service if there was a rep here just a few minutes ago. I thought at first that I would go with the Obsidian tools, but if there is an option with Avadirect I will consider it first. It might save a lot of time to automate driver issues, that's what I was thinking with Obsidian. If so, it would be worth the price of buying their software. From reading the forums, it looks like their tool has been very well done and that it works right the first time, almost every time. Since I don't even have the computer built and on its way by mail at this point, that is probably going to just about cover it for now ;)

3. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    You can if you like, the basic driver set and then keeping your GPU drivers up to date will pretty much get you there.

BrienTCl likes this.
  4. BrienTCl

BrienTCl Newbie

Reputations:
    Yes, that is true. I knew writing it that I was being a bit unfair because the Wifi card in my HP was the bargain basement one too. Still, I expect that they would at least put out a driver that reliably worked, and they did not. I have done extensive research on it over the past 2-3 years and have seen a lot of people with the same problem, a few people who thought they fixed it (but that was often unrepeatable by others), and most people who were stuck with a product that couldn't do the job of connecting to their router. It's the 7260 AC and believe me I have tried everything. No need to get into the process I guess, it stays connected now *most* of the time and I have the awesome by comparison replacement being put together right now. If I am not mistaken there is a further issue with some manufacturers like HP getting a different version of the 7260 AC as well. I don't feel like going back to do the research again to find out for sure though, so I shouldn't say more than that.

5. BrienTCl

BrienTCl Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks, I think I'll install Windows first, and see how things work before trying anything further. What you're saying makes sense, I bet it's HP and not Intel that caused my wireless adapter problems now that I think of it.

6. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    There have been a couple of not so great chips from intel the in the past so it depends on which one. Another thing that can happen is one channel dies and then it works but is never fast or stable after that.

7. dragon57

dragon57 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    For what it is worth, I ordered mine with the Intel AC card and have had absolutely no issues with it. My previous laptop, an HP DV7, did not get the throughput or dependability on the same network as this new one does. Having said that, I had a friend buy a unit with the killer option and it also works well for him. I think one would be served well with either of the current Wi-Fi options.

8. jeanjackstyle

jeanjackstyle Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Weird, this morning as I turned on the laptop Control Center was not showing up anymore, thus all the functionalities related are disabled (impossible to set keyboard illumination, screen brightness and so on). Similarly, SBX icon is not showing, thus sound functions are down too.

The program is shown as "not available" in the windows apps and functionalities setting menu. Restarting the Pc does not do anything.

I will try and investigate this afternoon, but any clue on how this could happen?

9. TheChosen0ne

TheChosen0ne Newbie

Reputations:
    Reinstall the CCC through Obsidian's driver update program, and that should do the trick. What happened to you is very similar to ending the CCC process, though I'm not sure how it's related to the SBX.
    If that doesn't work you could try a system restore, if you have one saved.

10. jserio

jserio Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys. I have a P65HS-G (EVOC) from HID. So far I love it. Great build and plays everything just fine. However, I have noticed since day one that the USB C ports don't work quite right. At first I thought it was my USB 3.1 hub. Then I tried a different hub and same problem. I would get constant disconnects and errors (from my mouse, keyboard, etc). I eventually switched to the USB 3 (type A) port and everything has been great. I can't help feel that I am being robbed of two USB ports though.

Tonight I got a new Google pixel XL and tried to use it with the USB C port and, just like before, I would get data errors when transferring files. When I switched to the USB 3 ports, no problem. I'm running Windows 10 and have tried both the MS USB drivers as well as the Intel version. It makes no difference.

Is anyone else having this problem? Is it worthy of an RMA or perhaps a software/BIOS fix?

Thanks for reading!